Other Hobbies....(2 threads merged)

Jeff

I my self build plastic models and have been doing it for about 23 years now. Mostly WWII and modern Armor I have almost 200 unbuilt kits in the man cave!

I also collect firearms.

Jeff Adair

i have a couple:

-hiking

-bird watching

-drawing

-collecting feathers

-collecting minerals

-collecting bugs, then pinning them

-astronomy

-geocaching

ya, i think that covers it..

Edited by trilobite guy

-Shamus

The Ordovician enthusiast.

I picked up a 3 tone sunburst Fender Jazzmaster last week and its about time I learn to play the thing.....

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Playing acoustic guitar - (not well)

Wood carving (occasionally)

Drawing (infrequently)

Hiking

Camping

Fishing

Geocaching

Bird observing ( can't really call it watching,... just like to look at them when I see them, don't really go out of my way to find them...)

Reading

Listening to music.

Computers.

Photography (mediocre at best)

Thats about all I have time for! :)

Regards,

Edited by Fossildude19

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

acoustic guitar

electric guitar

stained glass artist

woodturning artist

fishing

new hobby- just starting to kayak

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher

:) Mine are wood carving,fishing,metal detecting on our other coast for sunken ship artifacts,waterfall viewing[not in Fla.],and people watching. Ialmost left off my newest hobby, feeding the bears [The F.H.P. VARIETY]Dont try this at home it gets expensive. :D Edited by bear-dog

Bear-dog.

i enjoy tradional fishing, bowfishing, hunting (mainly waterfowl and turkey), antique fishing tackle, vintage video games, and starting this weekend i hope to add arrow head hunting to my list.

Guest N.AL.hunter

RVing to good fossil sites, Scootering to good fossil sites, Hiking to find good fossil sites.

Edited by N.AL.hunter

Learning all about Medicinal wild herbs and Edible wild plants. Birdwatching, arrowhead hunting, and reading.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

sculpting, drawing, rpg-ing, collecting action figures (I know Im too old for that but I love them so...)

Collecting coins

Antiques

Drawing

Making Jewrey

Needle point

Cuddling my Kitties :Dpost-1179-033371900 1290568602_thumb.jpg post-1179-078000100 1290568627_thumb.jpg

Wow, there's a wide variety of different, interesting hobbies here!

My other two major hobbies are writing and autograph collecting :)

Also a big video-game and wrestling geek too! :P:P:P

I have been a birdwatcher since before I could shave. And I play hockey...

Nice kitties, CQ. I just adopted to of the little critters... one hyperactive kitten and a sedate long hair simaese-ish gal. New hobby... watching the kitten chase stuff that doesn't really need chasing (from my vantagepoint) and bounce off the walls.

Fly fishing, salt and fresh water. Birding, fly tying and wood carving (birds). It's interesting how often birding is mentioned. Used to be an avid reptile collector/breeder.

One more birder B)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I really enjoy Landscape and Nature Photography, probably as much as I enjoy fossil collecting. I also collect Salish and Nuu chah nulth baskets and artifacts.

Kind of depends on which way the wind is blowing that year. Been thru fresh water aquariums, camping, hiking and backpacking, stamp and coin collecting, pen and ink drawing, raising butterflies/moths, gardening, fresh water fishing, bad landscape photography (the early years!), collecting antique "Hall" teapots and water pitchers. Opening and closing the door repeatedly so the dog can go outside and bark and do his other business! :D Oh god, that's enough! Regards, Chris

other than the fossiling, I enjoy..

precious time with my kids

gold prospecting

mineral collecting

metal detecting

geo-caching

genealogy

searching for indian artifacts(suck at it so far..one arrowhead and counting)

coin & stamp collecting

camping & hiking

traveling to new places, experiencing new things

collecting black bear figurines, sculptures, pictures, etc..(anything black bear)

love seeking out and photographing waterfalls

collecting Pittsburgh Steelers and Penn State memorabilia

making crafts and reading

collecting books for my children (their bedrooms could fill a library, lol), dragon figurines & medievial weapons(my son), wolves & penguin figurines(my daughter)

Edited by sue in pa

I enjoy taking the canoe out very much, though I did buy the canoe to assist in my fossil collecting. In the winter time I work on my website and other projects but there's not a lot to do. I have done some winter camping and plan on going again this year. I also play World of Warcraft... I guess you could call that a hobbie?