Show Us Your Pets!

xonenine

post-1082-0-99337900-1297216680_thumb.jpg

My pet Turkey. His name is Mr. Turkey lurkey and he loves to keep me company when I go to the farm.

post-1082-0-11845600-1297217665_thumb.jpg post-1082-0-73333000-1297217666_thumb.jpg

My dog Lucy. She's my big buddy.

post-1082-0-26142000-1297217668_thumb.jpg

My sweet heart of a cat named punkin. We just call him punk.

post-1082-0-95047200-1297218038_thumb.jpg

Lucy loves the kitties. When she does this to the cats we call it gribbiling. The cats get gribbled on daily. :D

Pretty cool pets.--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

awesome odin!:) I hope you take another picture or two...

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

awesome odin!:) I hope you take another picture or two...

Thanks! When it is bigger, I will take some more pics!

The only problem is that it ate all the other triops! :(

After I looked at yours, I went to some triops sites, I read about them eating each other. Then my family (who already allow my rocks in the house), saw them, didnt want me to get them, found them rather repulsive even, so I'll give them a break.:)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

I love growing triops! Mine don't ever live very long though. I think the longest I've ever had one survive was about 2 months.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I love growing triops! Mine don't ever live very long though. I think the longest I've ever had one survive was about 2 months.

That is about the average time though.

another cat, in another cat in the box picture.Wont those cats ever stop going in the boxes

post-4577-0-93379600-1297476288_thumb.jpg

Oooookay. Too much fur. It looks like it's up to me to help represent our scaly fellows. Since I no longer have quite the collection I used to, these will mostly be animals I owned in the past.

Uroplatus fimbriatus, male

P1010146.jpg

Uroplatus peitschmanni, male

P1010225-1.jpg

Morelia viridis 'Cyclops Mountain', female (I still have her, and her male)

P1010235-1.jpg

Elaphe porphyracea vallanti, juvenile

P1010233-1.jpg

Geckonia chazaliae

P1010253.jpg

The fish tank, before I took it down. Housed a pair of Apistogramma macmasteri, 10 Paracheirodon simulans (green neon tetra), 6 Corydoras habrosus, and 3 Otocinclus 'zebra'.

P1010392-2.jpg

The male A. macmasteri

P1010417.jpg

The female A. macmasteri

P1010400.jpg

Oooookay. Too much fur. It looks like it's up to me to help represent our scaly fellows. Since I no longer have quite the collection I used to, these will mostly be animals I owned in the past.

I love the reptiles Darwin Ahoy! :wub:

Your images are SUPERB ... what cam do you have? :pic:

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Thanks for the compliments. As for the camera, I honestly have no idea. The camera I used to take those has been in storage for about a year. One of these days I'll find it. Unfortunately, I couldn't control anything with the shutter speed, etc. hence the blurry fish pictures (they don't pose, apparently).

what a refreshing break Darwin, nice!Maybe we'll get to see another tray or two of mantis/phasmids if we're lucky :)

Sorry,... No scales, skin or exoskeletons here!

Well, ...after being dog free for a little over a year (We had to put down our 15 yr old Jack Russel Terrier - old age) and swearing up and down,"NO MORE DOGS!",... :rolleyes:

post-2806-0-97262100-1297721522_thumb.jp

... 5 yr old Mocha, the Miniature Pinscher has become a part of our family, just this weekend. Oh well... :wub:

He was adopted at a rescue adoption event at a local Petsmart store. Have no idea what he'll be like after the honeymoon period,... but so far, ... he appears to be a couch potato.

He was rescued from a puppy mill where he was a breeder, and had stopped producing for them. He has been de-barked, (vocal chords cut) which,... to me is beyond cruel.

He seems to be perking up, so, I take that as a good sign. :D

He is a total affection hound so far, and I hope he remains that way. Have to house train, leash train and play train him from scratch. Will be a work in progress for a bit, but he has our hearts already. :)

Regards!

Edited by Fossildude19

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Sorry,... No scales, skin or exoskeletons here!

Well, ...after being dog free for a little over a year (We had to put down our 15 yr old Jack Russel Terrier - old age) and swearing up and down,"NO MORE DOGS!",... :rolleyes:

post-2806-0-97262100-1297721522_thumb.jpg

... 5 yr old Mocha, the Miniature Pinscher has become a part of our family, just this weekend. Oh well... :wub:

He was adopted at a rescue adoption event at a local Petsmart store. Have no idea what he'll be like after the honeymoon period,... but so far, ... he appears to be a couch potato.

He was rescued from a puppy mill where he was a breeder, and had stopped produccing for them. He has been de-barked, (vocal chords cut) which,... to me is beyond cruel.

He seems to be perking up, so, I take that as a good sign. :D

Good for you getting a rescue dog, he will be a loyal friend.--Tom

He is a total affection hound so far, and I hope he remains that way. Have to house train, leash train and play train him from scratch. Will be a work in progress for a bit, but he has our hearts already. :)

Regards!

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

beautiful Tim , congratulations! I'm sure he'll thrive w you!:)

beautiful Tim , congratulations! I'm sure he'll thrive w you!:)

Thanks Carmine - I hope so. Maybe I can train him to sniff out the fossils? ;)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, where to begin...

Mammal wise, I have a psychotic dog who will literally gobble down 3 pans of brownies, a box of oranges, and some coffee without breaking a sweat.

I agree with DarwinAhoy, too much fuzz! Let us view the scales n' tails of the madhouse!

post-5171-0-77385200-1299158276_thumb.jpg

Next we have Spock. (No, no THAT one.) There should be an attached file of him on the post, let's see how it works out. He's a bearded dragon. The photo is from 2008. He's not a cutesy anymore.

Reptile-wise I used to have two green anoles. That simple idea turned into a breeding project. Sadly none remain today.

Amphibians, I have an African Clawed Frog. Used to have more, but he's the only one left.

I'll tell you about "Frankenfrog" if you ask...

Edited by Crimsonraptor

What a wonderful menagerie! Who would believe that such as register lay buried in the strata? To open the leaves, to unroll the papyrus, has been an intensely interesting though difficult work, having all the excitement and marvelous development of a romance. And yet the volume is only partly read. Many a new page I fancy will yet be opened. -- Edward Hitchcock, 1858

Formerly known on the forum as Crimsonraptor

@Diplotomodon on Twitter

I love all there scaly pets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

Yep. Next up for me are a couple leopard geckos and retrieving the garter snake from the basement :D

What a wonderful menagerie! Who would believe that such as register lay buried in the strata? To open the leaves, to unroll the papyrus, has been an intensely interesting though difficult work, having all the excitement and marvelous development of a romance. And yet the volume is only partly read. Many a new page I fancy will yet be opened. -- Edward Hitchcock, 1858

Formerly known on the forum as Crimsonraptor

@Diplotomodon on Twitter

• 2 weeks later...

Fun post! Great pets, everyone!

Here's a photo of our cat, Sodapop, practicing advanced bird hunting techniques:

post-2436-0-38973500-1300272465_thumb.jpg