Show Us Your Best Dinosaur Tooth!

Paleoworld-101

Avisaurus archibaldi, Hell Creek Fm.

post-423-0-63629800-1437416320_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I've collected a few of these teeth and have to say that 6.4 mm tooth is beautiful and one of the biggest I've seen. Nice variety. Love bird material from the Hell Creek.

Awesome tooth Andy so how big is it?

Thanks! It's exactly 5.5"

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Spinosaurus tooth - the largest tooth I have in my collection

attachicon.gifP1060290.jpg attachicon.gifP1060291.jpg

Thats a beautiful Spino tooth Andy! I am also a fellow Spinosaurus lover

"Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you" Job 12:8

This thread is cruel. Why do I have to be a poor uni student D: !!!!!

Edited by Too Many Choices

This thread is cruel. Why do I have to be a poor uni student D: !!!!!

Look at it as an opportunity, students don't last forever, there will be a job waiting for you.

Fantastic tooth, great pic go it in situ too!

Self found fossils are the most special.

My best dinosaur tooth so far and it was a personal find.

That's incredible! What dinosaur is it?

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

That's incredible! What dinosaur is it?

None other that the Tyrant Lizard King!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Oh man oh man, that tops anything else here in my book.

This is a Spinosaurus marrocanus tooth. It about a 100 million years old. It is from the Sahara Desert in Morocco

post-19165-0-68310900-1438540031_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

There have been many astonishing theropods' teeth being posted already, so let me share some herbivores' teeth which although tend not to be as popular by teeth collectors, they are still none-the-less equally beautiful:

post-10857-0-73753900-1438540736_thumb.jpgpost-10857-0-46926700-1438540745_thumb.jpg

My Triceratops growth series of rooted teeth

post-10857-0-81058100-1438540767_thumb.jpgpost-10857-0-65853400-1438540784_thumb.jpg
My Pachycephalosaur (left) and Thescelosaur (right) rooted teeth
  • I found this Informative 4

Here's my Spinosaurus tooth that I've restored. You can see more about it here (if you're interested:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/54174-spino-resto/?hl=%2Bspinosaurus+%2Brestoration

I like it....

post-14584-0-25359700-1438565314_thumb.jpg

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Here are a few of my macro teeth... I am not sure where all my micros are, so I will pass on them for now. Self-collected in Wyoming and Montana. My fingers are used for scale on these.

First a tyrannosaur tooth from the Mesa Verde Fm... Campanian, so this is either Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus. This site has produced a few of these.

post-1450-0-33071300-1438738347_thumb.jpg post-1450-0-64028800-1438738368_thumb.jpg

And a nice fully double rooted Triceratops tooth from the Hell Creek of Montana.

post-1450-0-85296000-1438738555_thumb.jpg post-1450-0-00756200-1438738570_thumb.jpg

A Nanotyrannus tooth from WY.

post-1450-0-57055300-1438738635_thumb.jpg post-1450-0-94089000-1438738650_thumb.jpg

And lastly an Allosaurus premax tooth from the Morrison Fm of eastern WY. This one has a nice red color that dodn't quite come out here.

post-1450-0-09873700-1438738713_thumb.jpg post-1450-0-85390200-1438738726_thumb.jpg

Here are a few of my macro teeth... I am not sure where all my micros are, so I will pass on them for now. Self-collected in Wyoming and Montana. My fingers are used for scale on these.

First a tyrannosaur tooth from the Mesa Verde Fm... Campanian, so this is either Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus. This site has produced a few of these.

attachicon.gifP8041670b.jpg attachicon.gifP8041671b.jpg

And a nice fully double rooted Triceratops tooth from the Hell Creek of Montana.

attachicon.gifP8041672b.jpg attachicon.gifP8041673b.jpg

A Nanotyrannus tooth from WY.

attachicon.gifP8041674b.jpg attachicon.gifP8041675b.jpg

And lastly an Allosaurus premax tooth from the Morrison Fm of eastern WY. This one has a nice red color that dodn't quite come out here.

attachicon.gifP8041677b.jpg attachicon.gifP8041678b.jpg

jpc, great teeth!

WyomingRocks!

Stephen

Not sure about that, auspex. It seems WyoRocks has been colletcing in both the Lance and the slightly older Mesa Verde, so this tooth could also be an older tyrannosaur... likemine posted above.

Thanks for the comment,WyoRocks. So, is that tooth from the Lance or MV? Oh,and by the way, you are kicking it around here. I have hunted these formations for years and have never come upon such a beauty as your tooth.

Here are a few of my macro teeth...

I definitely like your tyrannosaur tooth, quite rare from those parts. Nice find.

Not sure about that, auspex. It seems WyoRocks has been colletcing in both the Lance and the slightly older Mesa Verde, so this tooth could also be an older tyrannosaur... likemine posted above.

Thanks for the comment,WyoRocks. So, is that tooth from the Lance or MV? Oh,and by the way, you are kicking it around here. I have hunted these formations for years and have never come upon such a beauty as your tooth.

jpc, the tooth I entered in this thread is from the Hell Creek in Montana. I was walking around while working up there, wasn't even looking for fossils and then I saw a big dinosaur tooth lying on the ground (not this one but a smaller Tyrannosaurus rex tooth) and it shocked the heck out of me. Started looking hard then and found the tooth in this thread a few days later.

WyomingRocks!

Stephen

jpc, the tooth I entered in this thread is from the Hell Creek in Montana. I was walking around while working up there, wasn't even looking for fossils and then I saw a big dinosaur tooth lying on the ground (not this one but a smaller Tyrannosaurus rex tooth) and it shocked the heck out of me. Started looking hard then and found the tooth in this thread a few days later.

I hope you keep tabs on that spot. Two teeth are great but there may be more with erosion. May be a channel deposit or micro site. If they were found close together might even be the the remnants of a skull.

jpc, thanks for your compliment about my tooth. I will send you a list of the fossils I am finding so that we can get a definite ID of what formation they are. I found a nice triceratops tooth at the site I found the large tooth so I am thinking it is LC.

WyomingRocks!

Stephen

jpc, thanks for your compliment about my tooth. I will send you a list of the fossils I am finding so that we can get a definite ID of what formation they are. I found a nice triceratops tooth at the site I found the large tooth so I am thinking it is LC.

Cool... or come by the Tate Museum. We are up at casper College. I can have a look at them for you. In person. Call first cuz I am out in the field and on vacation a bit these days. 268-three zerozero 8.

That beautiful tooth sure looks more Hell Creekish than Lancish.

Great stuff in postings above. Here's a 'family' photo. Same teeth with and without raptor jaw. Campanian....Oldman Formation, remote Lost River. I like the nasty little guys.

post-19254-0-69708500-1438808964_thumb.jpg

post-19254-0-86679400-1438809007_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 4