Show Us Your Showcases!

MB

Guest N.AL.hunter

Carl,

I just saw your posting and was amazed by your collection. We are really glad that you have joined this forum and look forward to any pictures and help IDing species that you can do. Tell us about yourself as far as how long a collector, are shark teeth all you collect... Again, great collection!

Carl,

I just saw your posting and was amazed by your collection. We are really glad that you have joined this forum and look forward to any pictures and help IDing species that you can do. Tell us about yourself as far as how long a collector, are shark teeth all you collect... Again, great collection!

I agree, and thanks for show us your teeths !!! ;)

Bowkill

Holler at me when you go hog hunting. I just might come with you. I'll leave the Cold Spear at home this time though, hehehe. The last time I went bowhunting I got lucky and killed an axis doe and 4 hogs in one day. I'd be happy with one hog though. I rifle hunt often as well to make sure there is meat in the freezer. Cotulla indeed has tons of hogs, and a few spear points would really make the day.

Meg

I killed that 6.5 foot rattler with 15 rattles while fossil hunting near Uvalde. I threw rocks at it like a girl and got lucky on about the 10th throw, then finished it off with my trusty hand sledge to the noggin. I skinned it myself, tanned it with glycerine, and fried up the meat - yum yum! I used to do my own taxidermy but burned out on it. My favorite piece I did myself is probably the running blackbuck.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Bowkill

Holler at me when you go hog hunting. I just might come with you. I'll leave the Cold Spear at home this time though, hehehe. The last time I went bowhunting I got lucky and killed an axis doe and 4 hogs in one day. I'd be happy with one hog though. I rifle hunt often as well to make sure there is meat in the freezer. Cotulla indeed has tons of hogs, and a few spear points would really make the day.

Meg

I killed that 6.5 foot rattler with 15 rattles while fossil hunting near Uvalde. I threw rocks at it like a girl and got lucky on about the 10th throw, then finished it off with my trusty hand sledge to the noggin. I skinned it myself, tanned it with glycerine, and fried up the meat - yum yum! I used to do my own taxidermy but burned out on it. My favorite piece I did myself is probably the running blackbuck.

Man, this post was to show cabinet glass and so, not so that you explain your massacres

Man cannot live on fossils alone. Protein enters the equation at some point, whether you harvest it yourself or pay someone to do it for you, and for my choice I make no apologies. At any rate, most sportsmen make full use of whatever animal they choose to dispatch, including meat, skins, and in my case bones and skulls, which make excellent reference specimens for comparative anatomy between extant and extinct species. And for all the "vegens" out there, I take offense at all the innocent carrots being ruthlessly ripped out of the ground!

Grüße,

All

I have many fossils to show and look forward to our continued dialog, so I'll concentrate more on what we have in common (fossils) than on any differences. Onward and upward!

Grüße,

All

I have many fossils to show and look forward to our continued dialog, so I'll concentrate more on what we have in common (fossils) than on any differences. Onward and upward!

Dan, feel free to make a topic on the General Discussion board if you ever want. Hunting and fishing is something a lot of us have in common.. If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to click on the thread.

Carl, you are by far the most organized collector I have ever seen! great job! got to get me one of those map cases for sure.
I agree and that is an great shark tooth collection! B)B)B):D

post-23-1207693863.gif

It's my bone!!!

With all the fossils that are on this forum we could start The Fossil Forum Museum ! B)B)B):D

Great fossils everyone!!!!!!

It's my bone!!!

I keep most of our fossils in about 150 plastic (Plano brand) boxes in bookcases such as the following. Everything is easily to find and accessible.

post-69-1207850069_thumb.jpg

Inside each bocx are fossils organized with labels number, etc.

post-69-1207848930_thumb.jpg

post-69-1207848915_thumb.jpg post-69-1207849858_thumb.jpg

Some smaller fossil are kept in coin holder books

post-69-1207848940_thumb.jpg

Then we have a dozen or so display sites (shelves, glass cabinets, etc,) such as the following.

post-69-1207848951_thumb.jpg

post-69-1207848969_thumb.jpg

Some 'stuff' is higraded for display. For example the fossils on the lower shelf are hadrosaur tail vertebrae and I don't collect them in the field unless they are better than the ones on display. Those replaced are culled and put in out garden for kids to collect when they visit.

post-69-1207850898_thumb.jpg

post-69-1207848899_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil
I'm jealous, of the extent of that collection.

sweet collection they should come out with the fossil-wear containers :rolleyes:

i will show you some views of mine kids!!jejejeje

Nice collection J.M.

Are ammonites from your region? I didn't know you collect it.

I will try to help you to fill the shelves that you have empty ;)