Show Us Your Showcases!

MB

You have already helped to fill the shelves jejejejeje.

Well, ammonites are mainly for my area from the old times. Nothing to do now because of the natural park

Txemiku,

Those are great fossils in a great displays I'm sure you've done a lot of sweating 'lugging' those prizes home from the field.

Curious. Those look like wooden shelves. Are they just thick wood or are they reinforced with steel?

Geoforum is site that some of you will find interesting. The theme of the following reference is the same as this thread: displays of fossils but mostly by collectors in France. The forum is about all geology with a subsection on Paleontology.

It's in French but photos are universal. Ammonites tend to dominate the collections of many Europeans although all taxa are collected.

Geoforum:

http://www.geoforum.fr/index.php?showtopic=2482

I have been very impressed by the amazing ways folks display their fossils, and the truly amazing collections people have. Both inspiring and very daunting.

But, I have to say that I can clearly tell who lives with cats and who doesn't. What better fun is there than to bat that tooth or shell from its ledge onto the floor?

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams

I am shock after i saw your pictures J.

That is an incredible amount of wonderful stuffs. I guess that we definitively must to visit your friend in Marrocco.

Congratulations for your stuffs

Txemiku,

Those are great fossils in a great displays I'm sure you've done a lot of sweating 'lugging' those prizes home from the field.

Curious. Those look like wooden shelves. Are they just thick wood or are they reinforced with steel?

Thank geofossil for your kind words.

The shelves are made of thick wood and the secret is that due to the big surface the pressure is not so important when you distributed the fossil homogeneusly. Obviously the heavy piece are down or in reinforced shelves. Those photos are a bit old and now the whole furniture is properly illuminated so it looks much better.

Here are some photo of my collection

great displays Trilospain and Txemiku

requins011hn9.th.jpg

Nice collection alopias.

Clypeaster is from Spain, isn't it?

yes Clypeaster is from Spain not poland :rolleyes:

trading in Millau

Perhaps traded with me? or from friends of mine? :)

Au dessous de la France il y a une autre "Pologne": la Catalogne :rofl:

this Clyp. comes from Juliana Quarry (Catalonia).

Best regards.

¨Perhaps traded with you ? MB

thank for the location

y live in south of France , y collect trilobites, ammonites and some crab

Perhaps traded with me? or from friends of mine? :)

Au dessous de la France il y a une autre "Pologne": la Catalogne :rofl:

this Clyp. comes from Juliana Quarry (Catalonia).

Best regards.

Eres una máquina MB, it's difficult to translate to english, maybe you are a machine :wacko:

:P:P:P

Eres una máquina MB, it's difficult to translate to english, maybe you are a machine :wacko:

:P:P:P

Hi Trilos, machine...? James Brown sense...?? noooot at all, I'm an old machine :P

Well, beeing that nobody else show us their showcases, I continue, but I have'nt more showcases, it is a pity but the more of my collection will be continue in boxes forever, like this, :blush: the doubt that I have is with my Archaeopteryx, I'm looking for a corner or wall on my home to put him, I dont want left him in a box. :mellow:

post-41-1208886949_thumb.jpg

post-41-1208886981_thumb.jpg

post-41-1208887046_thumb.jpg

Hi Trilos, machine...? James Brown sense...?? noooot at all, I'm an old machine :P

Well, beeing that nobody else show us their showcases, I continue, but I have'nt more showcases, it is a pity but the more of my collection will be continue in boxes forever, like this, :blush: the doubt that I have is with my Archaeopteryx, I'm looking for a corner or wall on my home to put him, I dont want left him in a box. :mellow:

Hello my friend!!

I will very glad to borrow you some of my empty shelves for your fossils :rolleyes: . Of course you will be invite to come everytime that you want jejejeejeje

Very nice fossils as usually. Everytime that you place photos ofd your fossils, i have the feeling that i am living in a wrong place

Hello my friend!!

I will very glad to borrow you some of my empty shelves for your fossils :rolleyes: . Of course you will be invite to come everytime that you want jejejeejeje

Very nice fossils as usually. Everytime that you place photos ofd your fossils, i have the feeling that i am living in a wrong place

Hi Txemi,

Not wrong place at all, you are living in a beautiful and perfect place for fossils, but... :D , perhaps more than 40 years collecting....

When we meet, you'll have nice rock formyour empty shelves ;)

Take care

Here is my home museum. I finished the basement and put in the display case which is permanent. I build my own collection cabinets. For the person that mentioned cats. I have six cats and they leave the fossils alone. Obviously, most of the collection is in the cabinets but the display case does not have a glass door and I still don't have a problem. I have to admit that I do not leave small fossils lying around. However, while on vacation one of the cats got the cover of my microscope off and took the rubber eye pieces. To this day, I have yet to find one of them. Fortunately replacements are not very expensive.

post-391-1209083814_thumb.jpgpost-391-1209083847_thumb.jpg

Guest N.AL.hunter

Once again Crinus your collection has amazed me. Your first crinoids were amazing, and now i am drooling at the specimens on your cabinets. Please keep posting pics. I am sure those drawers hold many treasures!!