Show Us Your Showcases!

MB

hello Crinus

they are really nice crinoids !

did you find trilobites with crinoids? can't wait to see some more pictures. :D

crabs002jm9.th.jpg

Salut Alopias,

Nice Calappa and Portunus :) As you must know already the Pignan fauna are under study, a previous paper and poster was presented on the 3rd Symposium Decapod Crustaceans Milano 2007, so take care with those fossils, beeing undescribeds still, they dont need the commercial preparation but very carefull touch. PM will be welcome ;)

Thanks for the pics

post-41-1209149101_thumb.jpg

Here is my home museum. I finished the basement and put in the display case which is permanent. I build my own collection cabinets. For the person that mentioned cats. I have six cats and they leave the fossils alone. Obviously, most of the collection is in the cabinets but the display case does not have a glass door and I still don't have a problem. I have to admit that I do not leave small fossils lying around. However, while on vacation one of the cats got the cover of my microscope off and took the rubber eye pieces. To this day, I have yet to find one of them. Fortunately replacements are not very expensive.

post-391-1209083814_thumb.jpgpost-391-1209083847_thumb.jpg

Great !!! when some pics inside the drawers? :)

I agree, i to would like a peek in the drawers as well as some close ups of the items in the glass diplay case

This one is a "work in progress", and I apologize for the poor photo (the shop is too crowded to get a good angle on the case). My reason for posting it is to illustrate what I'm trying to do with my bird fossils. Ultimately, they will be labeled, and interpreted in a way that (I hope) will kindle a sense of wonder about birds (and the natural world). The case (locking) is strategically placed next to our "young naturalist" section, since kids love fossils. Even in its unfinished state, interest has been high. Most people are amazed to learn that some birds had teeth, and the larger feathers get a lot of attention too. (Yes, the case is from Ikea).

post-423-1209313483_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

This one is a "work in progress", and I apologize for the poor photo (the shop is too crowded to get a good angle on the case). My reason for posting it is to illustrate what I'm trying to do with my bird fossils. Ultimately, they will be labeled, and interpreted in a way that (I hope) will kindle a sense of wonder about birds (and the natural world). The case (locking) is strategically placed next to our "young naturalist" section, since kids love fossils. Even in its unfinished state, interest has been high. Most people are amazed to learn that some birds had teeth, and the larger feathers get a lot of attention too. (Yes, the case is from Ikea).

Thanks for posting, bird's fossils are very scare and interesting, their origines could be a good new topic :)

As requested, here are a few pics of the inside of the drawers.

post-391-1209507184_thumb.jpgpost-391-1209507259_thumb.jpgpost-391-1209507361_thumb.jpg

post-391-1209507184_thumb.jpgpost-391-1209507259_thumb.jpgpost-391-1209507361_thumb.jpg

(Que "2001, A Space Odysee" theme): "My God, it's full of fossils!"

If you ever need to make some room in those beautiful drawers, I think I know a few folks willing to help you out.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Anyone who grew up on a farm knows that some ducks and geese have teeth

faketeeth.jpg

naturecartoon.jpg

Here's a couple from a Cretaceous barnyard:

They are Avisaurus, from Hell Creek. The larger one is 1/4" long.

post-423-1209515147_thumb.jpg

Wow !!! :applause:

not the orders that I'm usually collecting, but I will have always a box plenty of fossils for you if ever you want a change with me....

Congratulation man!!!

those crinoids seems to be still alive! and the trilos are amazing. where did you get all those ceraurus and Isotelus? are they from Verulam Fm.?

Congratulation again for your collection!

Here's a couple from a Cretaceous barnyard:

They are Avisaurus, from Hell Creek. The larger one is 1/4" long.

Wow !!! :blush:

this is a very important fossil, they were found by yourself ?how you knew that those teeths are from Avisaurus?

First of all, I've seen some awesome stuff in this thread, great idea! I can't keep up with most of these guys, but I will show you where my fossils and minerals etc. are currently displayed on a couple of shelves. My collection here includes trilobites, ammonites, brachiopods, corals, cephalopods, a wooly mammoth tooth, sea urchins, crabs, various mineral specimens (including barite, pyrite, a gold nugget, a large amethyst cluster, a large piece of galena, others), a fossilized leaf, a whale vertebra, and a piece of a nickel-iron meteorite among several other odds and ends. Yes, that is a real bat. It was my wedding present! Oh, and the mammoth tooth was my gift for our 5-year anniversary not too long ago.

gallery_316_88_67563.jpg

gallery_316_88_80751.jpg

gallery_316_88_25284.jpg

gallery_316_88_50765.jpg

gallery_316_88_24992.jpg

gallery_316_88_96013.jpg

Anyone who grew up on a farm knows that some ducks and geese have teeth

faketeeth.jpg

naturecartoon.jpg

The debate on bird evolution is still open as new specimens come to light.

post-69-1210039898_thumb.jpg

First of all, I've seen some awesome stuff in this thread, great idea! I can't keep up with most of these guys, but I will show you where my fossils and minerals etc. are currently displayed on a couple of shelves. My collection here includes trilobites, ammonites, brachiopods, corals, cephalopods, a wooly mammoth tooth, sea urchins, crabs, various mineral specimens (including barite, pyrite, a gold nugget, a large amethyst cluster, a large piece of galena, others), a fossilized leaf, a whale vertebra, and a piece of a nickel-iron meteorite among several other odds and ends. Yes, that is a real bat. It was my wedding present! Oh, and the mammoth tooth was my gift for our 5-year anniversary not too long ago.

thanks a lot by the photos, do you know Batman? :blush:

The debate on bird evolution is still open as new specimens come to light.

post-69-1210039898_thumb.jpg

quote]

:D

arriveds at this point, I propose to open a new topic about bird evolution,.

I'm a declarated Cosesaurus supporter

"You'll never fly alone.... "

;)

thanks a lot by the photos, do you know Batman? :blush:

LOL :-}

I always wanted to have a pet bat, but since it's illegal to take any kind of bat from the wild and hold it in captivity, I guess having a dead one is the next best thing. :D

• 4 weeks later...

The shop's bird fossil display is shaping up. I just bought an Archaeopteryx replica as a back drop, and it is an eyecatcher!

post-423-1212433132_thumb.jpg