Bothrodendron Minutifolium New Finds

RomanK

Roman.... Congratulations... Thats a fabulous find I know you have been after some carb critter for a while and its well overdue... I'm pretty sure I have seen a spider body with a similar patternation to your second unknown find on the shale... I will see if I can remember where.... Well done!...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Here it is...Just a suggestion obviously...although on a closer inspection maybe not... Different levels of preservation can slightly alter things and make them appear differently I have noticed...

http://www.springerimages.com/Images/LifeSciences/1-10.1007_s12052-011-0357-y-0

Edited by Terry Dactyll

Here it is...Just a suggestion obviously...although on a closer inspection maybe not... Different levels of preservation can slightly alter things and make them appear differently I have noticed...

http://www.springerimages.com/Images/LifeSciences/1-10.1007_s12052-011-0357-y-0

Thank you Steve! Yes, that spider is looked similar to the pettern I foound!

That is the computer picture model from two part of the specimen I found - looks like Euproops danae

post-814-0-65181100-1362301301_thumb.jpg

Some picture from Internet to compare

post-814-0-21041800-1362301294_thumb.jpgTim's link picture

post-814-0-01515600-1362301298_thumb.jpg

post-814-0-45019800-1362301307_thumb.jpg Langford collection

post-814-0-16029300-1362301310_thumb.jpg Bruno's "docdutronc" find

Edited by RomanK

Roman.... I might as well add my best poss/neg one for good measure...

post-1630-0-33048700-1362303528_thumb.jpg

Edited by Terry Dactyll

Nice specimens Roman, I like the Bothrodendrons, they remind me of my local Cretaceous ?Glyptostrobus - I wonder if there is any close evolutionary relationship between the two...

post-4372-0-59567700-1362742209_thumb.jpg

Nice specimens Roman, I like the Bothrodendrons, they remind me of my local Cretaceous ?Glyptostrobus - I wonder if there is any close evolutionary relationship between the two...

attachicon.gifTz635Glyptostrobus,cro.jpg

Thank you Wrangellian! Yes, Glyptostrobus shoot is very similar to the Bothrodendron one and you have nice specimen! In terms of "life tree" they are still quite different. Bothrodendron is a club moss but Glyptostrobus is a Conifer - different branches of that "tree" :)

Thank you Wrangellian! Yes, Glyptostrobus shoot is very similar to the Bothrodendron one and you have nice specimen! In terms of "life tree" they are still quite different. Bothrodendron is a club moss but Glyptostrobus is a Conifer - different branches of that "tree" :)

OK, I don't know much about the early plants... Do you have any representatives of the early conifers there, or is it all ferns/clubmosses/etc?

OK, I don't know much about the early plants... Do you have any representatives of the early conifers there, or is it all ferns/clubmosses/etc?

Yes, mostly Carboniferous Lycopsids, seed ferns, Calamites and Cordaites. Last is an early gimnosperme. Early Conifer... I have Dicranophyllum only (http://www.ammonit.ru/upload/folders/1108/135385830065688-med.jpg). Regards, Roman

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Roman, so you are finding some other great things along with the plant material. Outstanding! Is this material coming from an outcrop and you can collect more of it or was it part of a random piece from a coal heap?

I wish I could provide some additional help on that last thing but I dont have anything. Structure does look different. If you are taking it to your local experts let us know what they come up with otherwise we could try the Museum of Wales experts again. Regards, Chris