Charleston, Sc Weekend Trip

ibuprofen200mg

Sitting at my desk this past Friday and watching Andrea move up the eastern seaboard, I was completely assured that this would be a banner weekend for fossil hunting. Well, I was wrong, even with the locally heavy rains, swollen creeks, and beach erosion, the haul from 2 and half solid hunting days was below average at best. Friday afternoon it was the creeks, then on to the dredge spoils for Saturday,

and rounding out with a couple land spots and another creek on Sunday. One bright spot was the discovery of a nice exposure of Chandler Bridge formation that will have to be explored further. I would like

to change things up a bit for the next trip and want to explore some new land spots, if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears, maybe we can trade some location info. Anyway, here's what I brought back, the

thing in the top lefthand corner is a a large whale vert, kind of hard to tell from the top view:

post-11890-0-41778900-1370847139_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking

Awesome finds this is why I'll be moving to South Carolina soon not very many shark teeth in Indiana.

Well, whenever you make it down this way I'll be glad to get you started with some decent hunting locations.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CANT FIND SHARK VERTS! everyone i know finds so many! good job! i see some nice teeth in there!

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

I know a good creek for shark verts, here are a few from there, the color

is pretty consistent, PM me and I can point you in the right direction.

post-11890-0-77293500-1370917746_thumb.jpg

we found some coool stuff in charleston. The trip was totally worth it. Next time it will be better. i think we should go to walterboro on our way down to the charleston area.

we found some coool stuff in charleston. The trip was totally worth it. Next time it will be better. i think we should go to walterboro on our way down to the charleston area.

It's customary to post a post-trip loot photo! ;)