A Strange Cambrian "spider"

hammada

I reply briefly

1 - if no one recognizes fossils in my samples, I have to write that are pseudo fossils deprived of any interest, therefore I am discussing about anything. My one, true and unquestionable pseudo fossil is a gastropod in lunar breccia.

2 I found the "spider" and its strange company (that personally I consider Cambrian) watching and distinguishing the irregularities of the surface, as for icnofossils and especially for not transparent ambers.

I enclose a photo of a sample of Hercynian phyllite found in the garden of the home, which can preserve even small Cambrian fossils....... but don't even try to find them.

3 - I cant know exactly where come from these pseudo fossils, (how much more my material Saharan), but Moldova is very small and I don't go looking for publications in cyrillic on a subject of this kind.

4 - At the end my "spider" is in the showcase. Even if WITHOUT NAME, is happy all the same.

Thanks

post-15933-0-66620300-1417357168_thumb.jpg

To be completely blunt here (sorry, but only a little sorry) :) I asked 5 very simple and very specific questions. You didn't answer any of them in a way that makes any sense. In fact... even allowing for language diffficulties... nothing you have said so far makes any real sense.

You seem to be confusing ichnofossils/trace fossils with pseudofossils. As Rockwood pointed out, a "pseudofossil" is something that has the appearance of a fossilized organism but is actually a natural geological feature. Hallucigenia, Opabinia and Burgess Shale fauna in general are not pseudofossils. They represent real organisms for which we may have only a record of their activity, or partial preservation and which only gives us clues to what they may have looked like.

A gastropod fossil is not possible in lunar breccia. Neither is a gastropod ichnofossil. Neither is a gastropod trace fossil. If you have a piece from a lunar meteorite which includes such a feature then that would have to be a pseudofossil. There you are at least using the term correctly.

But what you have been telling us makes no sense and what you have been showing us doesn't offer anything in the way of support (or clarity).

The answers would seem to be:

1. Where is that specimen from?

A garden in Moldova and it was given to you by someone else.

2. What is the age of the deposits?

Unknown.

3. How do you know the age of the deposits?

You don’t. You have made a guess.

4. Is Hallucigenia reported from those deposits and if "yes", what is the reference publication?

No, and there are no reference publications.

5. Who has identified this specimen as Hallucigenia?

No-one, apart from you.

Is that a fair summary???

Edited by painshill

Roger

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew);Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who [Rudyard Kipling]

I just checked to see which Cambrian outcrops occur in Moldova and came up with an interesting number, none recorded, so the chances of this being anything from the Cambrian Explosion are receding fast, even if anyone does manage to see anything in the pictures.

I think that, unfortunately, also in this photo no one will see anything. I hope at least that Marella is not another rarity. Now I dont know what I can say again (talking seriously).

Thanks

post-15933-0-38126300-1417462120_thumb.jpg

There seems to be little point in trying to answer your questions if you are unwilling to answer any of ours. ;)

Roger

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew);Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who [Rudyard Kipling]

I think that, unfortunately, also in this photo no one will see anything. I hope at least that Marella is not another rarity. Now I dont know what I can say again (talking seriously).

Thanks

Marrella is only known from three localities; Burgess Shale, Kaili Biota, Balang Formation. The Kaili Biota records a few dozen specimens while the Balang Formation has produced only one. That is in stark contrast to the Burgess Shale, where Marrella is the second most abundant arthropod in the Walcott Quarry. It's certainly true that Marrella would be an extraordinary rarity anywhere outside of the Burgess Shale, unfortunately this is another example of wishful thinking on your part.

ABSTRACT - Marrella, a well-known and important component of the Burgess Shale, was only previously found in the Burgess Shale and in the Kaili Biota. An exoskeleton attributed to Marrella is described herein from the lower part of the Balang Formation (Cambrian Series 2) in Paiwu, northwestern Hunan Province, China. It represents not only the third locality where the genus is found, but also the oldest known occurrence of this taxon.
Liu, Q. (2013)
The First Discovery of Marrella (Arthropoda, Marrellomorpha) from the Balang Formation (Cambrian Series 2) in Hunan, China.
Journal of Paleontology, 87(3):391-394

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

post-423-0-27699900-1417466388_thumb.jpg

The roundish raised area around the fissures is suggestive, but I cannot interpret whether it is a fossil trace or a simple geological artifact.

Recognizing fossil traces this vague is best dine by someone familiar with the locality and its fauna.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I do not believe that anything you have shown us represents anything other than geologic features.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

I particularly appreciate the comments of Auspex and the sincerity of those who say that see little or nothing of what I describe. Experience teaches that even with the sample in hand the perception is different, and many other things, but sometimes you cannot pull off the (living) spider from it's hole and I know that it's convenient leave it there.

Thanks

Looking more carefully I found (or I dreamed) this also.
The claws of the smallest with Odaraia are very well preserved. :)

End

post-15933-0-95310100-1417894660_thumb.jpg

post-15933-0-88101900-1417894695_thumb.jpg

Looking more carefully I found (or I dreamed) this also.

The claws of the smallest with Odaraia are very well preserved. :)

End

Odaraia.jpgOdaraia.jpg

You are very persistent with your belief that you might have some Burgess Shale-type fossils. Truth be told, nothing you have presented in this thread even qualifies as a fossil, ichnofossil or pseudofossil. Instead of wishful thinking, I'd recommend that you take the time to actually study some of the freely available literature on the subject.

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

To remove any doubt for the observer, here is the pseudo fossil of "Hallucigenia", length 1 cm.

My only doubt is how did the pseudo fossil "spider" to leave even a trace its last movement.

Thanks

Well I for one think "Hallucigenia" is amusingly appropriate for these "fossils".

Now if you'll excuse me, my pink elephant is scratching at the door to be let out. I don't need a pink elephant accident in my carpet, so I'd best run.

Cheerio,

Don

Now if you'll excuse me, my pink elephant is scratching at the door to be let out. I don't need a pink elephant accident in my carpet, so I'd best run.

I've been to a white elephant party. A pink elephant party sounds like more fun.... :)

Context is critical.

Warning! This terrible mouth eats elephants too!

That is pretty interesting! What are the feature's dimensions? (and why is it so off-center in the image?)post-423-0-46650200-1418416143_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

That is pretty interesting! What are the feature's dimensions? (and why is it so off-center in the image?)attachicon.gif~.JPG

post-6808-0-97010800-1418417085_thumb.jpg

Context is critical.

It is odd that non fossils get more posts in the ID section than real specimens looking for a true Identification.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Whew that was a lot of reading, but thanks for all the information posted. Looking forward to Christmas! cheers. B)

The mouth with claws has a diameter of ¼ ". It is off-center in the image to show even the flabby trunk and the head of the Opabinia. For clarity, I show you another Opabinia complete (not beautiful) but with the trunk partially covered (by an arthropod?).
Perhaps now nobody cares the old initial "spider", but analyzing the disturbed crime scene I discovered that it has been killed by a jellyfish. I realized that for a confirmation of this type I should ask to the FBI. -_-

post-15933-0-38196500-1418506350_thumb.jpg

...another Opabinia complete (not beautiful) but with the trunk partially covered (by an arthropod?...

I just cannot make this (or any) of these out. :(