A few more questions before I take a break

icycatelf

I'm thinking about taking a break from fossil-hunting for a while (probably the rest of the year) so I can focus more on my art. Before that, however, I'd like to ask for a couple more IDs.

First are some things that my mom found and are curious about. This first one has a thin ridge running down the middle seems kind of sharp, leading me to believe it may be bone. Could just be a broken nodule/concretion, though.

tacIvix.jpg

XXu0GON.jpg

bnP0Liz.jpg

The second one she found resembles a shell, though I'm leaning more toward Calamite since that seems so common around here. It was found in the creek.

ftw8KVc.jpgtfwcbPJ.jpg

vO5xrER.jpgaLDIMVU.jpg

Here's one that I found yesterday around the same spot I found what some of you identified as a possible Lepidodendron root. It's not as detailed as my previous one, but I think it might be part of one as well. The stone is about 4.5cm wide.

JrOlvWx.jpg

fK2xr93.jpg

And here are a couple more that I'm fairly confident are Calamites, but let me know if I'm wrong. Also, if they are, how rare is Calamite foliage compared to the "woody" parts? My mom and I have found over 10 possible Calamite specimens, but no foliage so far. I'm guessing that the leaves don't preserve as well, thus being more rare.

i1BvKiT.jpg

About 3.5cm long. Because it looks like a steak (albeit an itty-bitty one) with grill marks, I call it a "COWamite" fossil. :P

BwddtOL.jpg

3cm long. Branch impression, maybe?

YQn980Y.jpg

About 2.5cm long. Branch pith?

Edited by icycatelf

Casual surface-collector and Pokémon fan. QPn3FY1.gif