A Couple If Id's I Need On Carb Plants

Terry Dactyll

Hi all I came back from holydays, I left the south of France there was the sun, I'm back in the north of France it is raining, I went through the show Millau, beautiful fossils but unfortunately few plants

I met with our Spanish friends, a few exchanges with a local collector, I acquired a beautiful fern Dicksonites pluckneti who comes from Graissessac in Herault,level stephanian B .

bruno

post-967-1248719742_thumb.jpg

post-967-1248719763_thumb.jpg

Bruno.... sounds like you had a very good trip...... collecting, exchanging and a fossil fare.... nice planning......Hope you are well refreshed and full of ' carboniferous enthusiasm'.... to help me with my Id's ;) ...The first sigillaria, i think it looks more like s.laevigata..... any thoughts on the chunk of stem or root?....

Thanks again.... ;)

Here is Sigillaria leavigata from Lievin aera ....

post-967-1248720200_thumb.jpg

post-967-1248720220_thumb.jpg

"any thoughts on the chunk of stem or root?.... " It looks very similar ,I think a fern rachis or a fern trunks ,the diameter is 6 cm

best regards

bruno

post-967-1248720949_thumb.jpg

...I acquired a beautiful fern Dicksonites pluckneti who comes from Graissessac in Herault,level stephanian B .

bruno

Superb!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

'' I acquired a beautiful fern Dicksonites pluckneti who comes from Graissessac in Herault,level stephanian B .

bruno''

That is superb preservation and detail....Very Nice !!!!..... Im starting to get the 'odd one ' right.... :)

How about this .... I can only see a resemblance to Renaultia gracilis....

post-1630-1248723786_thumb.jpg post-1630-1248724022_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the Ids again..... ;)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

• 2 weeks later...
'' I acquired a beautiful fern Dicksonites pluckneti who comes from Graissessac in Herault,level stephanian B .

bruno''

That is superb preservation and detail....Very Nice !!!!..... Im starting to get the 'odd one ' right.... :)

How about this .... I can only see a resemblance to Renaultia gracilis....

post-1630-1248723786_thumb.jpg post-1630-1248724022_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the Ids again..... ;)

Hi Steve

Renaultia for the genus ,I agree ,R. gracilis Brongniart or R.footneri Marat ,difficult to say ,look the plates ,ref /page 156 Renaultia footneri and page 160 Renaultia gracilis ,in book

by Claudine Brousmiche: Fougères sphenopteridiennes du bassin houiller Sarro-lorrain , thesis 1983.

post-967-1249818266_thumb.jpg

post-967-1249818286_thumb.jpg