Prepping out crab concretions that are in two or more pieces

RJB

What are the products in the spray bottles in the pictures?

Glad to see this write up on prep. Beginners like me need this.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

What are the products in the spray bottles in the pictures?

Glad to see this write up on prep. Beginners like me need this.

The bottles are glues in different viscosities and the spray bottle is the activator for said glue... I assume. :D

Ok,,, I looks like im gunna end up with 3 or 4 decent crabs once im done.  Gots some real 'rebuilding' to do on some.  The thing is,,,, ive invented a new cuss word!!!   Thipwarpkackapoop!!!  and Ive also invented a new middle finger?   Im now using my left pinky high in the air when I get upset.  The real middle finger is 'getting old'.  Ha!!!  :)     I will post a pic in a few days or so to show you guys what ive done.

RB

16 hours ago, RJB said:

Ok,,, I looks like im gunna end up with 3 or 4 decent crabs once im done.  Gots some real 'rebuilding' to do on some.  The thing is,,,, ive invented a new cuss word!!!   Thipwarpkackapoop!!!  and Ive also invented a new middle finger?   Im now using my left pinky high in the air when I get upset.  The real middle finger is 'getting old'.  Ha!!!  :)     I will post a pic in a few days or so to show you guys what ive done.

RB

The pinky is just you falling back into your fancy habits. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Ok,, I finally got around to finishing up some of these B-Grades.  The one on the left is purty good and in a nice rock, the middle one I had to do some minor repair and also build the movable finger/pincer cause it was missing and the one on the right is,,,,, well,,, it is what it is.  The thing for  me is,,, they are now ready for the Quartzite show.  I do like the 'gas crabs' for that reason.  Plus it keeps me out of trouble.  :)

RB

DSCN1361.JPG

I am a RESULTS driven kind of guy and you definitely deliver is a sweet way.  NICE. I don't want to know what they cost since I have so many other fossils on my Christmas list that I did not get myself yet:D

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"