Dino poo?

Malone

2 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

breccio-conglomerate

Big word! Why can’t the rock are just choose whether it wants to be breccia or a conglomerate:P

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Just now, WhodamanHD said:

Big word! Why can’t the rock are just choose whether it wants to be breccia or a conglomerate:P

Like me, they often get confused. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Those look like sandstone concretions covered with calcium carbonate or calcium sulphate in my opinion.

• I found this Informative 2

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

52 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Like me, they often get confused. 

And me apparently (I’ll blame it on spell checker)

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Claws are made of keratin and is very rarely found fossilized.

If it looks like a claw chances are that it is a bone fragment.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

4 hours ago, ynot said:

Claws are made of keratin and is very rarely found fossilized.

If it looks like a claw chances are that it is a bone fragment.

Thank you! I am looking into a pen microscope that hooks up to the phone. I might pick at a little try to expose it better.

On 2/20/2018 at 10:18 AM, Malone said:

IMG_3222.JPG

Take a look at THIS thread. If your specimen could be something similar. I don't know if yours is a burrow with backfilled material containing bone fragments or just matrix with microfossils. What ever it is, it does look like it contains bone fragments. :drool:

3 hours ago, GeschWhat said:

Take a look at THIS thread. If your specimen could be something similar. I don't know if yours is a burrow with backfilled material containing bone fragments or just matrix with microfossils. What ever it is, it does look like it contains bone fragments. :drool:

Thank you! That thread looks very similar! I have a microscope somewhere. I'll investigate. Do have any suggestions on what to look for?

8 hours ago, Malone said:

Do have any suggestions on what to look for?

Just bony bits. You could find little coprolite pellets as well. Those would have a texture that looks kind of like hard cheese when fractured. Forgive the analogy, it is the only thing I could think of. :shrug:

On 2/7/2018 at 5:54 PM, GeschWhat said:

I agree with water worn rock - maybe flint/chert. It could be pretty if polished up!

Any experiences with bezoars?