INVITE - Annual pilgrimage through NY

DevonianDigger

37 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

... with gusts of up to 40 mph possible.

Don't go all Wizzard of Oz on us!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

We’ve completed day one at Penn Dixie. Cold, lashing rain, heavy at times... so we only got three hours in. But, we found just about every species PD has on offer (just no Pseudodechenella). So we found the usual Eldredgeops...

2409731F-2FB2-424F-8694-EACEA7B7CF2C.jpeg

817BE852-6A35-449F-B414-D15B543ABA79.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

...and a Dipleura cephalon.  Quite rare at PD. Jay and I called it a day shortly after that. Jay spotted this while we were going through the Bayview beds. We would have stayed on a bit longer but it was pouring with some wet snow... We were already soaked to the gills as the temps dropped.

1ADDC6F8-2B87-463D-BFF4-5735EDE95181.jpeg

• I found this Informative 8

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

32 minutes ago, Kane said:

...and a Dipleura cephalon.  Quite rare at PD. Jay and I called it a day shortly after that.

1ADDC6F8-2B87-463D-BFF4-5735EDE95181.jpeg

Your trip is off to a good start! ( not for the weather, but the finds are good):)

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I wanted to say that I wish everyone a safe drive for those traveling tonight and tomorrow!:)

Just now, Darktooth said:

I wanted to say that I wish everyone a safe drive for those traveling tonight and tomorrow!:)

Thanks, Dave. See you in the morning 

You were obviously in my spot from yesterday!!!!!!!.. Have a good trip, obviously I lucked out on the weather yesterday.

What time are early birds meeting at Briggs? I stopped by today to make sure I could find it (didn't really want to get lost when people watching). Picked up a few bits in the float while there.

5 minutes ago, Sjfriend said:

What time are early birds meeting at Briggs? I stopped by today to make sure I could find it (didn't really want to get lost when people watching). Picked up a few bits in the float while there.

We are all trying to be there at 7am.

• I found this Informative 1

Congrats on the nice Penn Dixie trilo-finds, @Kane!  And best of luck to everyone out hunting today in NY on this group trip!!! 

(Viola and I will be headed out to Hungry Hollow later today after her morning swimming lesson - I'm anticipating a very mucky hunt, too! :wacko::))

We unfortunately couldn't make it after all, for reasons other than the weather. I hope everyone who is there is having a great time. I look forward to seeing pictures from the meet.

Great day at Briggs and DSR.  Luckily, it snowed most of the day, so nobody got wet.  More later.

Resized_20190427_122926_1508.thumb.jpeg.f2c06ed245f29a33fb7f38620669fa57.jpeg

10 hours ago, PaulK said:

We unfortunately couldn't make it after all, for reasons other than the weather. I hope everyone who is there is having a great time. I look forward to seeing pictures from the meet.

Sorry that you couldn't make it Paul. My Co-worker Mike and myself arrived right around 7 am. Forum members @Sjfriend @Peat Burns @Al Tahan and @RandyB and his wife, arrived shortly  after, in that order. The weather was cold, windy with snow but we all dealt with it. Actually it wasnt horrible, and everyone was dressed for the weather. Some decent finds were made by all. I had a great time meeting up with everybody. Unfortunately I could not make it over to DSR to meet up with the other group as I had to leave at 11to go car shopping. I apologize  to the others for not swinging by atleast to say Hi. But I knew that if I did that I would have stayed too long talking to everyone and I absolutely had to find a new car today as my current one is ready to poop out.  I am Happy to say that I am a new owner of a 2016 Toyota Camry!:D

20190427_171012.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

Thank-you so much Al! I would also like to mention that Al had found my Estwing rock pick hammer the last time he was at Briggs. I had left it there in the fall but didnt realize it until I looked in my garage for it a week or 2 later. At that point I figured it was gone. So today he reunited it with me. I was very happy since it was a Birthday gift from last year from my parents! Thanks again Al, you are really a stand up guy.:thumbsu:

Below a couple trilobites Al gave me. I can't remember the name or were they are from. 

20190427_185527.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

@Peat Burns gave me this cool T-shirt! Thank-you Tony, it was a pleasure to finally meet you!

20190427_185434.jpg

I would like to thank all for the great time (not to include the weather that was colder then at home!). I had fun and found some great items!

• I found this Informative 2

Just now, Sjfriend said:

I would like to thank all for the great time (not to include the weather that was colder then at home!). I had fun and found some great items!

It was very nice to meet you Steve! I am glad that you had a good time! Safe travels when you head back to Alaska!

@Sjfriend Al Tahan just texted me that you found a complete Dipleura! Congratulations, please post pics!

Congratulations on the new car, Dave. I still haven't replaced the one that died on me last time I went to DSR in the fall. Now that Leila and I are both retired we're getting along pretty well with just one, but we'll get another one soon. I'm glad you all had a good morning at Briggs. Thanks for the photo of DSR, Tony. I was thinking all day about all I was missing. I spent a few hours painting fish, instead. They sure were slippery.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

29 minutes ago, Pagurus said:

Congratulations on the new car, Dave. I still haven't replaced the one that died on me last time I went to DSR in the fall. Now that Leila and I are both retired we're getting along pretty well with just one, but we'll get another one soon. I'm glad you all had a good morning at Briggs. Thanks for the photo of DSR, Tony. I was thinking all day about all I was missing. I spent a few hours painting fish, instead. They sure were slippery.

Thanks Mike! To bad you couldn't make it out. Maybe when the weather is nicer!