M&M Ranch in Nebraska

MarcoSr

2 hours ago, automech said:

This entire thread has been, extremely, entertaining!

May I ask, what kind of ranch is it? Do they have cattle? Horses?

The M&M Ranch is the badlands portion of what used to be the Arner Ranch which was basically a cattle ranch.  When Milton Arner died in 2016, his heirs split his ranch into two parcels for sale and retained a small parcel with the Arner home.  One parcel, mostly badlands, was purchased by my sons for the fossils on it and the second parcel, mostly grasslands, was purchased by a local cattle rancher for grazing cattle.  My sons' M&M Ranch does have surface water at times and a good number of grass acres which my sons let the rancher use to also graze his cattle.  The land really isn't very good for crops (Milton Arner did try planting some), poor soil in most places and little or inconsistent rainfall.

Marco Sr.

Edited by MarcoSr
added retained parcel

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

That's great. I was wondering, judging by the photos, what the ground could produce. Besides those awesome fossils. 

Is there an updated web address for the ranch? I tried the one you had on the earlier post and it didn't work.

• I Agree 1

On 10/6/2023 at 10:00 AM, automech said:

That's great. I was wondering, judging by the photos, what the ground could produce. Besides those awesome fossils. 

Is there an updated web address for the ranch? I tried the one you had on the earlier post and it didn't work.

Since direct or indirect advertising is not permitted, please contact @MarcoSr via PM for further details.  Thanks.  ;)

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

• 4 weeks later...

After over 3 years with our prepper, my younger son Mel will be finally getting back a prepped Hysperocyon (canid/dog) skull and the partially prepped associated bones (vertebrae, limb bones, scapula, etc.) that he found on our ranch.  Mel will finish up the prep of the associated bones now that he has acquired and set up his own prepping equipment.  A picture of the skull is below.  This is only the second Hysperocyon skull that Mel has found on our ranch.  Mel also this Sunday brought back to my house over a hundred jacketed specimens from our ranch, that were in storage, that he plans to prep.  The jackets are now sitting on my front porch in Tupperware bins and tubs until I can make more room for more jackets in my basement.  I'll try to post pictures as he preps interesting specimens.

Hysperocyon.jpg.052b287c4398d2dbc967259cffec1d51.jpg

Marco Sr.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 3

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png