Lower Lias fossils

Notidanodon

Hi guys recently found this in the jurassic lower lias of Gilbert’s grave, a not very well known site near oxford and I was wondering whether you guys could help me with a few id’s, I am in the process of prepping others as well:)

sorry for the poor scale but I was low on time  my hands are 7.5 cm wide^_^

0DDAD703-4E3D-4075-B018-E3D98D65322C.jpeg

D32F507D-0717-4D6C-8901-355F449F0580.jpeg

B5DF8211-597D-477D-B27A-9C8FA92AB60F.jpeg

CC126FD4-2064-4ACB-95E7-575BF9536A2F.jpeg

D388BAC8-08FE-4EA0-B379-9EF1CEDB79E7.jpeg

0C06A1E6-2160-49BF-A1F7-F91ED5DC9519.jpeg

71446DAF-E27E-4259-8943-9BA5291CD4E5.jpeg

91E781EA-32E5-4365-A7F8-8588AF30DAC9.jpeg

I spent a happy day once collecting at Gilbert's Grave, though it was Gloucestershire back then. I found lots of large Clypeus plotti sea-urchins, though i believe the species name has changed. 

I have the site listed as the Salperton Limestone Formation of the  Inferior Oolite, not Lias. 

My faunal list for the site also includes Stiphrothyris and Rhactorhynchia brachiopods as well as Trigonia, Liostrea, Homomya, Pseudolimea, Myophorella, Pleauromya and Pholadomya bivalves and the gastropod Chomatoseris. 

Some of these names may have changed as this is pretty old information. 

Hope it helps as a starting point

Nice finds indeed, love the rhynchonellids. :)

• I found this Informative 5

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

6 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I found lots of large Clypeus plotti sea-urchins

@Tidgy's Dad

How sweet!  These are spectacular echs from GB.  What a fun day that must have been.   :envy:

BTW, I find no evidence of species name change.  Don't you just hate it when that happens.  Have to go back and relabel all of your specimens and correct your cataloguing info, etc. . . .

Right, like I have my specimens all labeled and an accurate catalogue of my collection - but I suspect you may. -_-

• I found this Informative 2

1 minute ago, grandpa said:

@Tidgy's Dad

How sweet!  These are spectacular echs from GB.  What a fun day that must have been.   :envy:

BTW, I find no evidence of species name change.  Don't you just hate it when that happens.  Have to go back and relabel all of your specimens and correct your cataloguing info, etc. . . .

Right, like I have my specimens all labeled and an accurate catalogue of my collection - but I suspect you may. -_-

Twas a good day. 

Renaming of fossils and reclassification etc. can be a nightmare but this forum has been a godsend. 

My collection is an absolute mess. I have sorted out the Cambrian, most of the Ordovician and the Lower Silurian, but have years of study to go on the rest.

Still, keeps me off the streets. :) 

• I found this Informative 3

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I spent a happy day once collecting at Gilbert's Grave, though it was Gloucestershire back then. I found lots of large Clypeus plotti sea-urchins, though i believe the species name has changed. 

I have the site listed as the Salperton Limestone Formation of the  Inferior Oolite, not Lias. 

My faunal list for the site also includes Stiphrothyris and Rhactorhynchia brachiopods as well as Trigonia, Liostrea, Homomya, Pseudolimea, Myophorella, Pleauromya and Pholadomya bivalves and the gastropod Chomatoseris. 

Some of these names may have changed as this is pretty old information. 

Hope it helps as a starting point

Nice finds indeed, love the rhynchonellids. :)

thanks so much:Di was not hunting the typical echinoid exposure (i wasnt aware of the name change so thanks for that:)) as it was so muddy and slippy i couldnt get up there! Although if i had known it was as productive as you say i would have spent all of my 2 hours there, it was a shame i couldnt collect one as i really love them and i havent collected one before:unsure:instead i went to the end of the railway cut and just searched the ground and found some great brachiopods which are relatively uncommon (to my knowledge) at the echinoid exposure, (i cant wait to share one piece that i am prepping that has more than 10 big lamellibrachs in around 15cm x 7cm! ), due to this i am not sure if the faunal list will be the same as i was at the other exposure but i did find a gastropod, when i looked up chomatoseris though, no gastropods turned up so im not quite sure what species it is, good luck catalouging the rest of your collections to you and @grandpa:)

• I found this Informative 3