Proposing A Blind Trade

caldigger

1 hour ago, Max-fossils said:

Hello fossil-lovers!

Is anyone interested in a blind trade with me? I live in the Netherlands, so if anyone nearby is interested, send me a message!

Just saying, the fossils I'm offering aren't as awesome as those of @caldigger or @sdsnl gave (previous message), so the budget should be around 10 euros...

I'm looking forward to your message!

Max

Doren hasn't posted what I sent him yet, it's not as good as what he gave me.

If shipping to Hong Kong is not too expensive for you, I'd be happy to do a trade with you.

5 hours ago, sdsnl said:

Thank you Doren, that's a lot of fossils I don't have! The little sand dollars are cute, you have amazing eyesight to spot them! :D I also like the Moroccan cephalopods with beautiful sutures very much!

tmp_32472-20161011_183106491004394.jpg

What all am I seeing? Those look enticing! :P

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

Erathia trilobite, Wahoo jawbone, Mazon Creek fern (positive and negative), marine mammal digit bone, very small echinoids, Olivnella shells, two Mako teeth (hastalis and planus), hematite ammonites, pea crab fossil, Dolphin periodic bone, Crinoid stems, Oreodont jaw, Ray teeth, Cleoniceras ammonite, petrified wood, ammonite from Madagascar, agate gastropods, Cookie Cutter tooth, a couple of Moonstones from India and a partrige

I can't make out what the dark thing is between the digit bone and the inner ear bone. I don't always remember everything I send.  A bit of "old timers" I guess.  And as for the amazing eye site... I just use a screen small enough not to let them get through.  Trust me, the eye site ain't what it used to be.

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On 11 octobre 2016 at 7:08 PM, caldigger said:

I found the cost to Hong Kong to be just the same as to Europe.

There has to be an upper limit somewhere ....

On 10/12/2016 at 1:32 AM, caldigger said:

I can't make out what the dark thing is between the digit bone and the inner ear bone

That's two alligator teeth. I wanted to take them out of the bag for the picture but was afraid I'd get the bags mixed up and end up with wrong IDs :P

This is what I received from Stephanie (sdsnl)-  A tiny calcite replaced echinoid, a few Turritella shells, a few Ficus shells, a few Oliva shells, a split shale fossil book, a bag of micro fossil matrix, a bottle of Forams, a chunk of iridescent hematite, a piece of copal with insects and a clam shell from the beach.

SAM_3474.JPG

SAM_3476.JPG

It's hard to see in this picture, but there is a nice spider locked in the copal as well as a few other insects (gnats?)

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Just wanted to present the things Filipe Vieira ( @Vieira ) gave me for the blind trade. I must say that I love everything he gave me, so I strongly recommend a trade with him!!! 

Here are the fossils he gave me (from left to right):

Row 1: sea urchin Schizaster sp.; closed clam; internal molds of gastropods.

Row 2: fish verts; dinosaur bone (!) :o; fish teeth.

Row 3: urchin spines; turtle shell fragments; stingray teeth.

Row 4: shark teeth (namely Hemiprisitis) 

Warm regards,

Max

image.jpeg

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

• 2 weeks later...

I just did a long delayed trade with Mike C. from Ohio (he was away from home for a few months).

A chunk of petrified wood from S. Dakota

Bones in matrix from Scenic, S. Dakota ( possibly Oreodont...anybody want to confirm?)

Gastropods from Shell, Wyoming

Turtle or Tortoise shell from Peace River Arcadia, Florida

Piece of coral Tampa, Florida

Plate of brachiopods, bryozoans and other things, cephalopod, horn coral and a couple of brachiopods of the Ohio region.

A nice bison horn core from Baltic, S. Dakota

And several quartz pieces from Arkansas and an agate piece from S. Dakota

Thank you Mike!

SAM_3501.JPG

SAM_3503.JPG

SAM_3502.JPG

Any one want to confirm this as Oreodont leg bone?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Just received a "British Invasion" box from John Brewer who wanted a second trade opportunity with me. Here is what I got from him.

a plate with Ichthyosaurus ribs

two Dactylioceras commune ammonites

piece of Triassic bone bed

sawfish tooth

a couple of crocodile teeth

garfish scale

a turtle bone

a piece of stromatolite

pterosaur tooth

an oyster shell from Nizas, France

a group of fossil ferns

a piece of Kodonophyllum truncatum coral

a chunk of rock encrusted with iron pyrite

and a couple of surprises (perhaps some real dinosaur eggs, perhaps not) waiting to discover what they are with my nephew next week.

My many thanks to you John for taking me up on another Blind Trade (c).

SAM_3504.JPG

SAM_3505.JPG

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

• 3 months later...

I'll see about reviving this topic...open to international and domestic :)

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

Love that wahoo jawbone, more details!?

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Greetings all..... In redefining my collections I still have a nice lot of varied items I would be willing to offer in a 'bind trade'. In my last offering I forgot to include information on the various items but this will not happen again....Apologies to Caldigger again and I hope the information I sent through eventually was sufficient.....

Let me know.

Bruce

8 hours ago, Ash said:

Love that wahoo jawbone, more details!?

I saw given the following info:

Acanthocybium sp.

Cretaceous

Khouribga phosphate mines, Morocco

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to do a blind trade with someone here,  especially if you have some Dino or mammal items from out west! I can offer some goods from GMR here in North Carolina if you are interested in Shark teeth and some whale or fish bones etc or tar river pectin and bone etc just please Private message me as well if you are seriously interested because I may forget to check this post :) I'm horrible at social media! But I will reply and can promise a good, reliable trade experience. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there....I've got quite a bit of nice stuff I'd be willing to 'blind trade'....Message me direct and lets set it up.

Regards

Bruce

I will be out of town for a week starting tonight, but would love to do some trades upon my return.  Remember when making the trades, you have to post pictures of items you get!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Just a heads up, I've never bought a fossil, so everything you receive will have been found with my own two hands.  I don't want to be the guy that shows up to a gunfight with a knife :)

It's all going to be Eocene-Pleistocene.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a nice bunch of goodies that joshuabelanger just sent me from Florida. A couple of chunks of limestone filled with crystallized shells, some pieces of hard and soft shell turtle parts, a piece of Ordovician sea floor, a nice shark vert., horse tooth, Devonian horn coral, a bag of phosphate mine spoils, a shark tooth and a piece of Baltic amber with a cute little fly incased within.Thank you for the trade Joshua!

IMG_0113.JPG

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Well, this is just embarrassing.  I completely under estimated the blind trade game, and I'm already taking steps to rectify it.  I'll post the picture of what @caldigger sent me in a few days, and trust me, it's amazing.  But, I would like the score to be evened out a little before then!  Good lord, I can't even look in the box and at this picture at the same time.  Thank you so much for everything Caldigger.  Lesson learned, don't bring a knife to a gun fight!

-J

1 minute ago, joshuajbelanger said:

Well, this is just embarrassing.  I completely under estimated the blind trade game, and I'm already taking steps to rectify it.  I'll post the picture of what @caldigger sent me in a few days, and trust me, it's amazing.  But, I would like the score to be evened out a little before then!  Good lord, I can't even look in the box and at this picture at the same time.  Thank you so much for everything Caldigger.  Lesson learned, don't bring a knife to a gun fight!

-J

It's hard to match up with @caldigger even on our best hunts. I always think he would be that person to play the lottery once and win the big one. ;)

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

It's not a competition guys!  I just like to send things I feel others would enjoy. I have to say I have been pleased with what others have sent my way. I know there are places and fossils I would never be able to get to and collect on my own and that has always been the general idea of the game.

This way we can share items that most fossil shops don't sell and we personally might have a surplus of. For the most part, we as collectors are limited to the ages of rock that are around our areas. This allows us to expand our surroundings to get things we may never get to collect. What may seem common and ordinary to you may be really exciting to someone that does not have that type of fossil in their collecting areas.

For example, before I started this game, I only had a few ammonites I picked up at a show. Now I have over sixty different species that I am setting up for a display at our local gem show (pictures will follow after the show).

I have enjoyed the game and hope to continue playing. The majority of items in my display cabinets have come from the game, with some nice showy pieces. 

caldigger

• I found this Informative 4

Dorensigbadges.JPG