Proposing A Blind Trade

caldigger

Exogyra cancellata, cretaceous era, Mt. Laurel Formation, Delaware City, DE. Just a baby! You see more 5" specimens here than minis. I thought it was cute!

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

Items received from Blind Trade© with PA Fossil Finder (Stephen T.) Brachiopods, trilobites, small fish tooth, plant impressions, horn corals, belemnites, Tiger and Hemipristis sharks teeth. Pretty cool Stephen! Hope you enjoy the goodies from my package.

caldigger

post-12286-0-92127800-1471218482_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Here are the items I received from caldigger:

post-10984-0-93988000-1471272225_thumb.jpg

An ammonite, some clams, a pea crab, a piece of whale bone, some microfossil matrix from the Ernst East Quarry, some marine gastropods, a dolphin vertebra, some alligator teeth, a marine bivalve on matrix, a big freshwater gastropod, a Moroccan squalicorax tooth, a nice piece of petrified wood, and a pair of sand dollars.

This little fellow, the pea crab . . .

post-10984-0-94122000-1471272220_thumb.jpg

. . . is very nice. Thanks for the trade, caldigger!

Stephen

I am interested in doing a blind trade, if anyone is up for it let me know. My trade will be Floridian fossils just FYI. US only shipping is too much outside US sorry.

Well,
I did a blind trade with Doren (caldigger) around a month ago.... my apologies to Doren for not posting before what I received in the blind trade... Got to say that each piece came neatly detailed indicating where it was coming from and the scientific name of it.... The little box in the middle its "gold" like real gold, I think it will be best if Doren tells the story of that little one.... the trilobite is a killer...:)
Thanks Doren!

post-15821-0-52388500-1471822171_thumb.jpg

post-15821-0-49690200-1471822181_thumb.jpg

post-15821-0-75331300-1471822191_thumb.jpg

Hello

Thank you Doren for the fantastic selection you made for me:

post-20401-0-72101400-1471861879_thumb.jpg

Better latter, than never and finally the services in Portugal release the package.

Best Regards

Filipe

Hoowee, I didn't think they were ever going to release that package to you. Glad it finally made it. I was contemplating flying to Portugal and hand delivering a box. Its been so long, I forgot what I had sent.

post-12286-0-92386100-1471897981_thumb.jpg

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Anyone else want to step up to the plate?  I am always open to play.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

What I received from Sir.tommy.the.toad (Jeremy G.) two big chunks of Florida's famous fossil coral, dugong rib, several small echinoids, fish and shark verts, several crab claw pieces, sea star bits, a couple of bivalve steinkerns, horse and croc teeth, turtle shell piece and a lot of shark teeth.  Thank you Jeremy!!!

SAM_3417.JPG

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

This is what I got Caldigger, Brachiopod, crow shark tooth, some ammonites, a few trilos :), horn coral, marine clams, crinoid stems, echinoids, mackerel shark vert, pea crab, boring clam cast, fern, gastropod, shell impression and some micro matrix. My kids and I really love what you sent. I have been trying to get them into fossils and hunting here in Gainesville, but they like all the stuff that's not here. I will send you some cut and polished coral  when I finish my slab saw. 

iphone 1381.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2016 at 4:56 PM, caldigger said:

My mailbox gets real lonely, anyone up for some Blind Trade (c) action?

Or an intervention?

"I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"  ~Aldo Leopold (1887-1948) 

New Mexico Museum of Natural History Bulletins    

point.thumb.jpg.e8c20b9cd1882c9813380ade830e1f32.jpg research.jpg.932a4c776c9696d3cf6133084c2d9a84.jpg  RPV.jpg.d17a6f3deca931bfdce34e2a5f29511d.jpg  SJB.jpg.f032e0b315b0e335acf103408a762803.jpg  butterfly.jpg.71c7cc456dfbbae76f15995f00b221ff.jpg  Htoad.jpg.3d40423ae4f226cfcc7e0aba3b331565.jpg  library.jpg.56c23fbd183a19af79384c4b8c431757.jpg  OIP.jpg.163d5efffd320f70f956e9a53f9cd7db.jpg

Looking for more players!!!!  Worldwide is fine now.  Join the party and play the game.

thVSB6W92X.jpgJust PM me if you want in.

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 7:05 PM, PFOOLEY said:

Or an intervention?

Are "we" insinuating there is a problem?  No need for intervention here.  I enjoy getting new stuff and I don't get a chance to get out very often so this is an ideal way to do digs via the mailbox.  This is a great way to obtain fossils that are not the "same ol, same ol " you see at shows.  The opportunity to do trades with other members opens up the door to create friendships and both parties get a benefit out of it (the friendship part is the biggest bonus!).  I only wish more members would participate.

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Awww, poor Dorren, no buddies? :D

Go on then, I'll have another of your wonderful boxes, I've got a few new bits which would be my pleasure to ship your side of the pond and then we'll show what others are missing out. I promise not to send any coprolite, iguanodon that is, as I sent you some in our previous trade. Give me a couple of weeks if you're up for it :)

Happy to to take on one other victim too. Worldwide is fine. Small stuff is good if the shipping worries you. ;)

Alrighty then!  I also promise not to give you a repeat performance John.  Always happy to do business with you. Sure a few weeks is fine, just let me know. 

Come on guys,  I have contacted several others recently that showed interest and still haven't heard back from any of them.  I know the winter snows haven't set in yet, preventing a trip to the PO. 

Looking forward to hearing from someone soon.  The Blind Trade(c) game is open to anybody that wants to play.  I send you stuff, you do the same in return. How easy is that?!

Kindly PM me if you have an interest.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Doren, that's a lot of fossils I don't have! The little sand dollars are cute, you have amazing eyesight to spot them! :D I also like the Moroccan cephalopods with beautiful sutures very much!

tmp_32472-20161011_183106491004394.jpg

Sorry, but the trade with me is closed! If you wait some time, I might come back with new fossils to trade, but now my stock is empty!

Hello fossil-lovers!

Is anyone interested in a blind trade with me? I live in the Netherlands, so if anyone nearby is interested, send me a message!

Just saying, the fossils I'm offering aren't as awesome as those of @caldigger or @sdsnl gave (previous message), so the budget should be around 10 euros...

I'm looking forward to your message!

Max

Edited by Max-fossils
I already have a trade going on

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

17 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

Hello fossil-lovers!

Is anyone interested in a blind trade with me? I live in the Netherlands, so if anyone nearby is interested, send me a message!

Just saying, the fossils I'm offering aren't as awesome as those of @caldigger or @sdsnl gave (previous message), so the budget should be around 10 euros...

I'm looking forward to your message!

Max

Max i'm in ^_^

I am Portuguese.

40 minutes ago, Vieira said:

Max i'm in ^_^

I am Portuguese.

Great! I saw your PM :)

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils