Proposing A Blind Trade

caldigger

On 1/31/2020 at 9:11 AM, caldigger said:

Mr. Anderson,  two members agree to trade, exchange addresses via PM and commence.

A few things you should ask for:

-That items not be trash/ junk rocks.

-You want to coordinate ship times in an attempt to send at relatively the same time so no one member gets their items before the other sends theirs out.

-That you post what is recieved, because that is what we live for. ;)

* It is a blind trade, so no hints as to what is being sent.

@WATERLINE though you could *hint* that you'll be sending them some snarge (i.e. fossilized poop known as coprolites). :D :heartylaugh:

• I found this Informative 1

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

10 minutes ago, Fossil-Hound said:

@WATERLINE though you could *hint* that you'll be sending them some snarge (i.e. fossilized poop known as coprolites). :D :heartylaugh:

OK, in all honesty, Jason and I didn't exactly enter our last trade completely blind. ;)

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

6 hours ago, caldigger said:

OK, in all honesty, Jason and I didn't exactly enter our last trade completely blind. ;)

This is true. Lol

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

2 hours ago, will stevenson said:

I’d be interested :) @caldigger.  (And anyone else :ighappy:)

Sorry, lots of very high bills this past month so monies a bit tight as of late Will.

This old man is going to have to keep trades in the domestic realm for a while. :mellow:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Gentleman....I need contact information so I can send this Blind Trade to whomever wants to deal. The consignment is ready!!!

Dinosaur poop is fine for the return....

Thanks

Bruce

(Personal email removed to cut down the chances of an email scraper harvesting your email and sending you spam.) ;)

For confidential contact. (Please contact by PM). :)

Thanks

Bruce

@WATERLINE

Bruce, it would be best for all if any further contact details for trades be conducted via PM. Including your personal email.

You don't want that email broadcast out on a public forum for all to see :shakehead:, you are just inviting spammers into your inner circle.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

@WATERLINE

Personal details can be sent via the personal messaging system the forum offers; I wouldn't post it on any threads as it can be seen publicly and is therefore no longer private <_<

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

I did a quick impromptu Blind Trade with Bruce

( @WATERLINE ) and just recieved the package a few minutes ago, here are the results.

20200206_173018.jpg

20200206_172958.jpg

20200206_172930.jpg

20200206_172901.jpg

A nice invertebrate.variety pack from around the U.S. and across the pond.

Thank you, Bruce!

**Not sure why these photos are so dark. :shrug:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On 2/6/2020 at 8:46 PM, caldigger said:

**Not sure why these photos are so dark. :shrug:

Because it was a blind trade:i_am_so_happy:

Our quick blind trade was a total success and I'm thrilled!!!

Will detail contents shortly.

Thanks Caldigger!!!

CALD 1 (1).JPG

• 4 weeks later...

It’s been a while, if anyone is still able to post, would you like to do a blind trade, if so, pm me;)

• 2 months later...

I have combed this thread from page one. It just goes that Doren’s kindness was infectious. You guys are so generous some great trades and treasure passing hands. I hope this thread will carry on delivering the goods . 

cheers Bobby 

• I found this Informative 2

2 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

I have combed this thread from page one. It just goes that Doren’s kindness was infectious. I hope this thread will carry on delivering the goods . 

I've also just gone back through it from the start. Three of the folk who posted on page one and did some of the first trades are now no longer with us. Very sad.

But shows their kindness and spirit of community. 

I also hope this thread will continue. 

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All 

A couple of weeks ago I really enjoyed looking though this thread.  Even though it is heartbreaking that some of the players are no longer with us, the generosity of the participants just shone through. This was Doren’s thread and I believe he really enjoyed the exchange of fossils so very much, making forum members happy and boosting their collection was like a hobby for him. So I contacted Ralph a very good friend of Doren’s  and asked him if we would consider a trade under this thread and it’s rules. In honour of the memory of Doren’s generous influence on our forum. So if you have some good trade material and money for postage please please get this thread going again and keep the exchanges flowing and growth of our collections happening . All you have to do is put a call out for a trade partner on this thread. 

I will kick it off with my incredibly kind trade with Ralph @Nimraviswho went down the micro matrix madness route and I love it . So much great stuff to do it justice I will have too to photograph It over a couple of days. I will just show a sample here of the micro samples and the rest on my “ macro lens” thread.

Ralph thank you so much it is fantastic really fantastic trade. I will get so much enjoyed from micro fossils and the rest of the collections.

stay safe all Bobby 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

1 hour ago, Monica said:

Beautiful fossils, @Bobby Rico

Well done, Ralph @Nimravis!

Thanks Monica it is packed full of goodies and so much to be photographed with my macro lens . I am really going to enjoy this trade.