Tucson Fossil Show 2022 **PHOTOS**

Troodon

So glad to hear this. Mr. Eric is an incredibly kind person and it made me deeply sad to hear about the theft of the piece. 

On 2/9/2022 at 9:57 AM, Troodon said:

Yep the dealer who bought the claw has an online store.  Not sure if he's keeping it for his collection or selling it privately or through his store

Just to echo earlier statements..I've seen some of this stuff pop up already just browsing around.  It's coming.  Unfortunately, not yet the hell creek teeth I'm looking for of course :DOH:

*Frank*

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 5:57 PM, Troodon said:

Good news on the stolen claw. When I spoke with Eric he said only one expensive claw was taken and the cabinet had only one missing . The following comments mention two not sure what thats all about.

This was posted by George Winters on FB

Screenshot_20220210-175914_Firefox.thumb.jpg.6dbaa9e6e89c8986aa3498e8b16d3623.jpg

Screenshot_20220210-180202_Firefox.thumb.jpg.3044a749a5173eb39d76502a298cd815.jpg

It was actually 2 claws.  The story in the paper is not 100% correct but it is close enough.  He tried to sell the claw to a couple of us who were vendors at the mineral and fossil marketplace and we were able to arrange for him to come back the next day after police were called.  When he showed up, he was cornered and not allowed to leave until the police arrived.  They then arrested him and Eric was there when the arrest occurred.  It was quite the adventure.  It was a memorable show for sure.

• Thank You 2

fossil-shack-new-banner-use-copy.png
www.fossilshack.com

www.americanfossil.com

www.fishdig.com

• 4 months later...
On 1/26/2022 at 9:11 PM, Troodon said:

Where was this? At the hotels? The fossil co-op buildings? 22nd street? The main show?

3 hours ago, Fossil Maniac said:

Where was this? At the hotels? The fossil co-op buildings? 22nd street? The main show?

There is really no main show.  Venues are scattered.  Crab at

Days Inn where a good number of european dealers could be found.

10 hours ago, Troodon said:

Ok thank you, will help alot

21 hours ago, Troodon said:

Where was the morrison fm teeth specifically?

On 1/28/2022 at 2:31 AM, Troodon said:

It sure does, I really did not pay any attention to it, there was so much stuff and people around.  If I go back will ask him what going on.  Might be he wanted to showcase a set of dentures he had :) and added a skull.  He's a pretty good dealer so I doubt he would misrepresent it.

I've seen that fossil and talked to him i do agree that it looks faek and it was also very cheap

1 hour ago, Fossil Maniac said:

Where was the morrison fm teeth specifically?

At a dealer also at the Days Inn

13 minutes ago, Troodon said:

At a dealer also at the Days Inn

Thank you hopefully I can find this seller this year. Thank you.

On 1/25/2022 at 5:46 PM, Troodon said:

More dinosaur teeth

When is the best time to get there? Where most of the sellers are there and there is still the good deals.

Best time is when it first opens or the day before.  Every year the dealers might go to a different venue so you have to wait to see where everyone goes.  Yes you might get good deals depends what you want.