Favorite Trilobites In Your Collection!

paleozoicfish

And the final set. (Post 5 of 5)

post-2629-0-77805000-1331266459_thumb.jpg post-2629-0-29481600-1331333930_thumb.jpg

OK, that's all of them!

Enjoy!

Dan

Edited by palaeopix
  • I found this Informative 1

What a wonderful trilobite tribute. The effort to assemble these is really appreciated. 

Thanks Dan :D

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

OK, that's all of them!

Enjoy!

Dan

Wow. Thanks for the compilation.

I see two of my bugs in there. :)

Context is critical.

What a wonderful trilobite tribute. The effort to assemble these is really appreciated. :geek: :pic:

Thanks Dan :D

It was entirely my pleasure Scott!

I really did this because it was so difficult to scroll through all the pages in order to view the specimens! Now I can see everything in five posts.

I was astounded by the number of contributions so far! I tried to avoid repeat photos or alternate angles and still came up with 248 photos. Some of those photos had more than one trilobite in them!

Dan

Edited by palaeopix

Wow. Thanks for the compilation.

I see two of my bugs in there. :)

You are very welcome Missourian! Like I said it was my pleasure!

Dan

Wow, Dan, what a lot of work that must have been. With a little more work, though (like brightening up some dim ones, and adding names/locations, etc) these would make nice posters or just pages in a picture book. Quick ID guide or something. Not saying you should, but thought I would throw that out there! Did you keep the larger-sized files?

Wow, Dan, what a lot of work that must have been. With a little more work, though (like brightening up some dim ones, and adding names/locations, etc) these would make nice posters or just pages in a picture book. Quick ID guide or something. Not saying you should, but thought I would throw that out there! Did you keep the larger-sized files?

It wasn't really too much work Eric!

Unfortunately I didn't keep the original files. Many of the images are superb and would make a great set of posters, but I didn't want to go to all that trouble. Some of the original images were really tiny and still others were poor in quality so I did what I could. I really didn't want to fiddle too much with other peoples images.

The process was fairly simple to accomplish. I just copied the images and imported them into Adobe's Lightroom.

I might be interested in doing more in the future but, to really make it worthwhile, better source files are needed!

Dan

Edited by palaeopix

I guess you would need better shots, true... including some of mine.

BTW I think you duplicated pic 9 in 2 posts there.

I guess you would need better shots, true... including some of mine.

BTW I think you duplicated pic 9 in 2 posts there.

It's entirely possible Eric!

Like I said, I didn't put a lot of time and effort into this, so there's bound to be duplications and ommissions!

Dan

Dan that is an awesome summary of this thread. Thanks for letting us seen in a nutshell where this has been. What a collection of bugs this is! :Bananasaur:

It's entirely possible Eric!

Like I said, I didn't put a lot of time and effort into this, so there's bound to be duplications and ommissions!

Dan

I mean, you didn't duplicate any individual trilos, but one of your compilations (#9) in two different posts. Easy fix... ;)

Edited by Wrangellian

I mean, you didn't duplicate any individual trilos, but one of your compilations (#9) in two different posts. Easy fix... ;)

Oooh,

ooops!

Thanks for pointing that out Eric!

I'll fix it straight away!

Dan

Dan that is an awesome summary of this thread. Thanks for letting us seen in a nutshell where this has been. What a collection of bugs this is! :Bananasaur:

You're welcome dinoruss!

This is an amazingly awesome thread thanks to contributions from collectors like you (and paleozoicfish and Scott et.al.)!

Dan

Edited by palaeopix

Ill add this one to the thread. WF4mB.jpg

this is actually my favorite trilobite in my collection. It rarely leaves my desk for showing off. I have only found a molted frag in addition to this almost complete Encrinurus egani. There is one restored eye stalk done with elmers glue that can be removed.

My Flickr Page of My Collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/79424101@N00/sets

Ill add this one to the thread.

this is actually my favorite trilobite in my collection. It rarely leaves my desk for showing off. I have only found a molted frag in addition to this almost complete Encrinurus egani. There is one restored eye stalk done with elmers glue that can be removed.

Awesome specimen!

I personally can't wait to see how that Dolichoharpes reticulata turns out. eat%20popcorn.gif

It looks pretty sweet un-prepped, so imagine it all spiffed up!!!!!wub.gif

Dan

It looks marrrrrrvelous now

Thanks for the pictures all in one place, it gets hard seeing them all with so many posts in the topic.

Here is a FINE FIne Tricopelta breviceps that a friend found in the Cincinattian of Indiana (Late Ordovician)

I thought I'd share it with you guys because it is such a fine specimen and it really good shape. No prep but cleaning of the exoskeleton was done. It was found loose in float. Enjoy

s22Q0l.jpg

XBt9Nl.jpg

My Flickr Page of My Collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/79424101@N00/sets

Here is a FINE FIne Tricopelta breviceps that a friend found in the Cincinattian of Indiana (Late Ordovician)

I thought I'd share it with you guys because it is such a fine specimen and it really good shape. No prep but cleaning of the exoskeleton was done. It was found loose in float. Enjoy

I agree with Don!

Beautiful bug!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I have recently acquired many new trilobites, but these three are my most prideful additions B)

Damesella paronai, Cambrian, Shandong, China

post-4996-0-81114500-1332276516_thumb.jpg

post-4996-0-39396300-1332276581_thumb.jpg

Damesella paronai #2, Cambrian, Shandong, China

post-4996-0-58270100-1332276609_thumb.jpg