Third annual TFF Secret Santa!

IonRocks

4 hours ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Well, it happened ... Santa arrived and my kids were as excited as I was !  It did also happen that they plundered most of the spoils .. my son is partial to any kind of crystal or rock and my 2.5 year old daughter has taken to anything sparkly as well.  It was a nice gift to share.

Thanks,

Brett

The interloper ...

Secret_Santa_08.thumb.jpg.b1cc1363d70df8551576cb79d41a3698.jpg

... and his accomplice ...

Secret_Santa_09.thumb.jpg.b8b99e61d73bd7d98d611a6940b5dcd8.jpg

The goods.

Secret_Santa_01.thumb.jpg.754b1e1c17eac5d7a865300a0abe1ebc.jpg

Secret_Santa_07.thumb.jpg.849535b9b774963f6b589b471ab305ca.jpg

Secret_Santa_06.thumb.jpg.dd2514b592f588465b47298580fc38ab.jpg

Secret_Santa_05.thumb.jpg.fc51403ba0d10b363c11406f33be0c99.jpg

Secret_Santa_04.thumb.jpg.9e263dcd697dde08c3fef9e1779ebba0.jpg

Secret_Santa_03.thumb.jpg.225321a3900e0ebc5230f987b24f454f.jpg

Too bad that you've been robbed by your own children :P, but they'll definitely be enjoying their loot for the entire holiday season! ;);)

As for me, I've only gotten daily junk in my mailbox so far, and I'm beginning to worry that maybe my secret santa has overslept or is up with the customs grinch :(

• I found this Informative 2

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

5 hours ago, David in Japan said:

Santa did not visit japan yet too.

Did not visit South Korea too! Maybe santa is not arrived yet Asia?:mellow:

• I found this Informative 1

Well the Chicagoland Post Office is notorious for not delivering items, I think my package is with the other lost and broken toys. But I still have Christmas cheer.

To all the Santas who have not received  there gifts yet , I think you may still do. They may have been sent late . So fingers crossed. I really do hope to see more pictures posted next week . 

6 hours ago, cheney416 said:

Did not visit South Korea too! Maybe santa is not arrived yet Asia?:mellow:

Asia is a fair distance away from North America, so it likely does take a bit longer for mailed items to arrive there.  Keep your eyes peeled, though - I'm sure that it'll arrive soon...

(By the way - when I lived in Hong Kong and mailed things back to Canada, they always arrived more quickly than when my friends/family mailed things to me in Hong Kong from Canada - it seemed to me as though delivery from east to west was much faster than delivery from west to east - very odd...)

30 minutes ago, Monica said:

Asia is a fair distance away from North America, so it likely does take a bit longer for mailed items to arrive there.  Keep your eyes peeled, though - I'm sure that it'll arrive soon...

(By the way - when I lived in Hong Kong and mailed things back to Canada, they always arrived more quickly than when my friends/family mailed things to me in Hong Kong from Canada - it seemed to me as though delivery from east to west was much faster than delivery from west to east - very odd...)

I cannot more agree with you. Mine jurt took 5 days to go from japan to usa. 

I know package will arrive. Just a little bit anxious about customs. Too much dirt leaved on the fossils, some modern plant seed or camel hair easily trigger customs nowadays. :ighappy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

29 minutes ago, David in Japan said:

I cannot more agree with you. Mine jurt took 5 days to go from japan to usa. 

I know package will arrive. Just a little bit anxious about customs. Too much dirt leaved on the fossils, some modern plant seed or camel hair easily trigger customs nowadays. :ighappy:

If I am your Secret Santa or if i ever post you fossils, I will ensure that no camel hairs are included. 

Generally, the camels are not allowed near my fossil collection. ;)

• I found this Informative 4

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

28 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

If I am your Secret Santa or if i ever post you fossils, I will ensure that no camel hairs are included. 

Lol

36 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Really? I can’t seem to keep’em out of my fossil collection!:P

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Really? I can’t seem to keep’em out of my fossil collection!:P

I find that minefields and electric fences do the trick. :D

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 minute ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

This one went to close i think.

images.jpeg.bd2cd0a58a0f5fb773fdc600e63a9597.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

5 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Good thinking, I must get on setting those up. That’ll keep out those pesky artiodactyls!;)

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

4 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Good thinking, I must get on setting those up. That’ll keep out those pesky artiodactyls!;)

I must confess to being moderately surprised that you have a camel problem in Maryland.

Particularly up the creeks. ;)

8 minutes ago, David in Japan said:

This one went to close i think.

images.jpeg.bd2cd0a58a0f5fb773fdc600e63a9597.jpeg

Arf! 

What a pretty lady.

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

14 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I must confess to being moderately surprised that you have a camel problem in Maryland.

Particularly up the creeks. ;)

You’ve never heard of the infamous Maryland Creek Camels!?!:P

Happy hunting,

Mason

Ok so here goes because a few people have not received, there secret Santa yet I have made a list of everyone who took part and noted everyone who has received there parcels, if you have or have not received it yet make a comment and i can update this post when needed so we know if things are getting lost or held up in customs. Hop[e this is ok with everyone hope you are all getting into the holiday spirit and not stressing too much - Matt

@FossilDudeCO - Received 
@caldigger - not recieved
@Nimravis - not received 
Bobby Rico - Recieved
@minnbuckeye - Not received 
Monica - Recieved
@Macrophyseter - not received 
@Seaforth - received
@Max-fossils - not received 
fishguy - Recieved
@DLB - unknown
Vieira - Recieved
JohnBrewer - Recieved
@Haravex - received 
Ludwigia - Recieved
Ptychodus04 - Recieved
@DanKurek - unknown
@cheney416 - Not received 
Fossil Claw - Recieved
Brett Breakin' Rocks - Recieved
WhodamanHD - Recieved
Kasia - Recieved
MythrilDelight - Recieved
@JarrodB - Not received 
@Tidgy's Dad - Received 
@David in Japan - not received 

• I found this Informative 5

15 minutes ago, Haravex said:

Ok so here goes because a few people have not received, there secret Santa yet I have made a list of everyone who took part and noted everyone who has received there parcels, if you have or have not received it yet make a comment and i can update this post when needed so we know if things are getting lost or held up in customs. Hop[e this is ok with everyone hope you are all getting into the holiday spirit and not stressing too much - Matt

@FossilDudeCO
@caldigger
@Nimravis
Bobby Rico - Recieved
@minnbuckeye
Monica - Recieved
@Macrophyseter
@Seaforth
@Max-fossils
fishguy - Recieved
@DLB
Vieira - Recieved
JohnBrewer - Recieved
@Haravex
Ludwigia - Recieved
Ptychodus04 - Recieved
@DanKurek
@cheney416
Fossil Claw - Recieved
Brett Breakin' Rocks - Recieved
WhodamanHD - Recieved
Kasia - Recieved
MythrilDelight - Recieved
@JarrodB
@Tidgy's Dad
@David in Japan

Blake mentioned a while ago that he received his gift.  Not sure if he has sent his though. Just hasn’t been on forum as of late.

22 minutes ago, MythrilDelight said:

Blake

@FossilDudeCO for anyone who doesn’t know;) 

Happy hunting,

Mason

Edited list and thanks also if you see i missed anyone out let me know it took a while to go through this thread and write down all the names, and like anything is subject to human error.

• I found this Informative 3

40 minutes ago, Haravex said:

Edited list and thanks also if you see i missed anyone out let me know it took a while to go through this thread and write down all the names, and like anything is subject to human error.

That is great thank you. 

If you see your self on that list and have not received your secret Santa please post and i will change to either received or not received, thanks - Matt

2 hours ago, Haravex said:

Hi there!

My daughter Viola also participated this year - she already received her box of fossils - we're just waiting for the box she sent out to be received (we mailed it out exactly 2 weeks ago today, so hopefully it reaches its destination soon...!!!)

Thanks!

Monica

I'm hoping it's just taking time to crate and ship my complete mosasaur my secret Santa is sending.  :)

5 hours ago, Haravex said:

@Max-fossils - unknown

I haven’t received a package yet. ;)

Oh, and thanks for making that list btw!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

33 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

I'm hoping it's just taking time to crate and ship my complete mosasaur my secret Santa is sending.  :)

Oh come on, what a teaser! :P I'm still a sucker for dem 'murican mosasaurs!

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

7 hours ago, Haravex said:

@FossilDudeCO - Received 
@caldigger - unknown
@Nimravis - unknown
Bobby Rico - Recieved
@minnbuckeye - unknown
Monica - Recieved
@Macrophyseter - unknown
@Seaforth - unknown
@Max-fossils - unknown
fishguy - Recieved
@DLB - unknown
Vieira - Recieved