Third annual TFF Secret Santa!

IonRocks

4 hours ago, cheney416 said:

Finally, Santa is been to South Korea so I receive the FANTASTIC gift.

What a NICE secret Santa!!! I received many great fossils from Canada by Secret Santa in Canada.

And look this lovely drawing and christmas card ^0^ My heart is being warm...:wub: I'll keep this card forever. Thanks a lot, Santa!

Really nice collection of fossils, sadly i can no longer edit the post of who has and has not received there packages.

11 minutes ago, Haravex said:

Really nice collection of fossils, sadly i can no longer edit the post of who has and has not received there packages.

Then post a new one! :P

Seeing that santa just conquered Asia with his loads of fossils, I feel like either my sender is intentionally making it deliver by Christmas, or, the customs grinch is at it, or he/she is being cheap on me (Does that even happen?) 

• I found this Informative 2

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

3 hours ago, Kasia said:

I have the impression that I know the painter of the card :) 

I believe I have some of her artwork as well. 

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Possibly be more valuable than your fossil collections in a couple of years, if not already! ;)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

I believe that you do... ;)

5 hours ago, Kasia said:

I have the impression that I know the painter of the card :) 

I think that Santa decided to send some of her artwork to Poland as well as to South Korea :P

Can you tell that Santa loves dinosaurs?!:ighappy:

• I found this Informative 1

Seriously, how many people in the world can boast they have originals from Princess V.?  Only a lucky few!

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Seriously, how many people in the world can boast they have originals from Princess V.?  Only a lucky few!

Oh she will love that you've nicknamed her "Princess V."!!!

Once more I return from the post box with my head hung low.                                                                                                                It's still early in the month though and patience is one of my better vertues.  Everybody is getting really nice gifts this year, the naughty list must be a very short one this time around.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:13 PM, Haravex said:

Ok had to wait till got home to take photographs sadly the light is poor in the kitchen aka work space and also needed to re-adjust the file size at computer.

Hey @Haravex

Glad to see Santa  was successful at getting your gift to the post office anyway. Wink Wink. Let me know what happened as the same thing transpired last year with Santa sending to the United Kingdom.

Santa's package arrived a few days ago but as a result of internet issues, I was not able to post until today. It was thrilling to go through all of the specimens gifted to me. I can truly say I had nothing like these in my collection and never would have without Santa. Now I can admire this collection from across the world and dream of the mystical lands they came from. Thanks again Santa  

First off is a coral, Spongophyllum kunthi from Devon, England

DSC_0297.thumb.JPG.3fac3b4c295d10e7973e93e258fde37e.JPG      

My favorite is the Libyan desert glass, a result of a meteorite impact 25 million years ago. Also pictured are Moroccan sharks teeth, Otodus obliquus and Striatolamia. Gastropods and bivalve  are from the western Saharah,

DSC_0296.thumb.JPG.096aa1f2047bd63e807f5fe809c68aa6.JPG 

Bristol England fish teeth, Hybodont sharktooth, and teeth from Severnicthyesacuminatis, Icthiosaurbone pieces,  and 2 brachiopods, Calchrynchia calcarea from Dorset, UK

DSC_0295.thumb.JPG.218087be7615bd503256ce6b1a4ccc28.JPG 

A piece of Whitby Jet (Araucariaceae) used to make jewelry in the Victorian times. Copal from Madagascar containing 2 tiny insects. Promicroceras planiscosta ammonite from Dorset England. Echinoderm spines from Asterocidaris biostriata, Morocco. Neohibolites minimus is a belemnite from Kent

DSC_0294.thumb.JPG.7adc04983c66e19a6e01b05763809de9.JPG 

Multiple Geisenoceras nautiloids from Morocco

DSC_0293.thumb.JPG.b7ad34b2d1528bd31c704e9b5fc4d041.JPG

1 hour ago, minnbuckeye said:

Santa's package arrived a few days ago but as a result of internet issues, I was not able to post until today. It was thrilling to go through all of the specimens gifted to me. I can truly say I had nothing like these in my collection and never would have without Santa. Now I can admire this collection from across the world and dream of the mystical lands they came from. Thanks again Santa  

First off is a coral, Spongophyllum kunthi from Devon, England

DSC_0297.thumb.JPG.3fac3b4c295d10e7973e93e258fde37e.JPG      

My favorite is the Libyan desert glass, a result of a meteorite impact 25 million years ago. Also pictured are Moroccan sharks teeth, Otodus obliquus and Striatolamia. Gastropods and bivalve  are from the western Saharah,

DSC_0296.thumb.JPG.096aa1f2047bd63e807f5fe809c68aa6.JPG 

Bristol England fish teeth, Hybodont sharktooth, and teeth from Severnicthyesacuminatis, Icthiosaurbone pieces,  and 2 brachiopods, Calchrynchia calcarea from Dorset, UK

DSC_0295.thumb.JPG.218087be7615bd503256ce6b1a4ccc28.JPG 

A piece of Whitby Jet (Araucariaceae) used to make jewelry in the Victorian times. Copal from Madagascar containing 2 tiny insects. Promicroceras planiscosta ammonite from Dorset England. Echinoderm spines from Asterocidaris biostriata, Morocco. Neohibolites minimus is a belemnite from Kent

DSC_0294.thumb.JPG.7adc04983c66e19a6e01b05763809de9.JPG 

Multiple Geisenoceras nautiloids from Morocco

DSC_0293.thumb.JPG.b7ad34b2d1528bd31c704e9b5fc4d041.JPG

Santa strikes again! Great fossils!

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

On 12/5/2017 at 2:43 PM, Seaforth said:

Well, here's mine CRACKING gift........

Already in my "box of favorite fossil goodies" to be treasured forever :-)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU whoever you are.

Pat

24796760_1660840380604299_1499451727534521537_n.jpg

Holy Spinosaur tooth Batman !!  wow .. Santa is high this year.  He is going all out haha.

Cheers,

B

5 hours ago, caldigger said:

Once more I return from the post box with my head hung low.                                                                                                                It's still early in the month though and patience is one of my better vertues.  Everybody is getting really nice gifts this year, the naughty list must be a very short one this time around.

Doren, I must also be on the Naughty List, as usual. At least I have packages coming from the recent Auction.

Sorry @Macrophyseter I don’t know happened to my post above can’t delete it or edit it and did not mean to post it.

Just was going to say I have always wanted a some the Libyan Desert glass . Very interesting and a great addition to minnbuckeye secret Santa. 

9 hours ago, Monica said:

I believe that you do... ;)

I think that Santa decided to send some of her artwork to Poland as well as to South Korea :P

Can you tell that Santa loves dinosaurs?!:ighappy:

She does??? nooooo..... :) 

I'm keeping the Christmas card and once the painter becomes famous, I will have all galleries and collectors of art knocking on my door to have it displayed in their showrooms :) 

2 hours ago, Kasia said:

She does??? nooooo..... :) 

I'm keeping the Christmas card and once the painter becomes famous, I will have all galleries and collectors of art knocking on my door to have it displayed in their showrooms :) 

lol :)

(but, hey, you never know...!)

8 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Sorry @Macrophyseter I don’t know happened to my post above can’t delete it or edit it and did not mean to post it.

No problem, stuff like that happens, and that's not even a little bit annoying to get directed to a blank post ;)

@minnbuckeye very cool package, lucky you!

Do you mind please posting a few more pictures of those cool bivalves?

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

15 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

Sure I was waiting and waiting and waiting and then this person dropped me a message saying hey sometimes the delivery service is poor and dismal here is the tracking number, so i looked up the tracking number and sure enough the parcel had been sitting in the main parcel farce depot for nearly two weeks saying it had a customs charge and to wait for a letter detailing how i could pay them, so i traveled all the way to their depot which was about 1 hour and 15 minutes by 2 trains and walking, got there waited for another 15 minutes they handed me the parcel and said oh yeah there is no customs on this :dinothumb:

Also this is the current list of either not received or unknown.

@caldigger - not recieved
@Nimravis - received  
@Macrophyseter - not received 
@Max-fossils - not received 
@DLB - received 
@DanKurek - unknown
@JarrodB - Not received 
@David in Japan - not received 

Well, I can safely say at least ONE of those "not received" people will have his surprise WITHIN the week.

Thank God for tracking :-)

:ighappy:

1 hour ago, Haravex said:

Sure I was waiting and waiting and waiting and then this person dropped me a message saying hey sometimes the delivery service is poor and dismal here is the tracking number, so i looked up the tracking number and sure enough the parcel had been sitting in the main parcel farce depot for nearly two weeks saying it had a customs charge and to wait for a letter detailing how i could pay them, so i traveled all the way to their depot which was about 1 hour and 15 minutes by 2 trains and walking, got there waited for another 15 minutes they handed me the parcel and said oh yeah there is no customs on this :dinothumb:

Can be worse though.....

I one had a package sent to me from the USA which lasted for WEEKS to arrive. Then I finally got a letter from the Dutch customs that the package was sent back to the USA "due to unreadable adress" which was kinda odd as those geniusses managed to send me a letter to my adress stating they couldnt read the adress on the package....

4 hours ago, Haravex said:

Also this is the current list of either not received or unknown.

@caldigger - not recieved
@Nimravis - not received 
@Macrophyseter - not received 
@Max-fossils - not received 
@DLB - unknown
@DanKurek - unknown
@JarrodB - Not received 
@David in Japan - not received 

That’s the list of the naughty people I guess :rofl:. Maybe tag them Matt?

@caldigger

@Nimravis

@Macrophyseter

@Max-fossils

@DLB

@DanKurek

@JarrodB

@David in Japan

At least one member hasn’t been about for a while.