Show us your plastic dinosaur

Bobby Rico

3 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Cool plant pot  I made last year 

BE0C254B-BF3D-4AA4-A345-CBD92F5428C0.jpeg

You made that?!  Wow!  What is it made from?  I'm not really the artistic type so I have no idea how you'd go about creating a piece of art.  (I love the purple colour, by the way :dinothumb:)

PS - I'm also not good at keeping plants alive - luckily for my cat, children, and husband, I'm pretty competent at keeping animals alive, though! :P

46 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Cool plant pot  I made last year 

BE0C254B-BF3D-4AA4-A345-CBD92F5428C0.jpeg

Wow, that just brought back a suppressed memory!  

When I was in elementary school, there was a small shop just down from the school that sold models. I remember getting some dinosaur models you had to build and paint and they were always that color purple out of the box. 

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

56 minutes ago, Monica said:

I predict she'll go the Arts route like her dad. :)

Theres a lot of years between now and then. I am sure she will change her mind a hundred times in the mean time.

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 minutes ago, GeschWhat said:

And probably more mature than the both of us. :D

Right about that sister!  I think once you mature it's all over, that's why I refuse to.

• I found this Informative 4

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

11 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Right about that sister!  I think once you mature it's all over, that's why I refuse to.

I can't count how many times my daughter told me I was acting "inappropriate" when she was little. She is almost 30 now. We had a little scare yesterday, and she was in the hospital. So like any good mother, I carved the word "LUCK" into a coprolite, tied a sparkly blue ribbon around it and brought it to the hospital. Makes sense, right? Can you believe she wouldn't let me leave it at her bedside or put it under her pillow? It was banished to her purse. Sheeeesh...kids now days aren't any fun! It did work its magic though. Thankfully, she is home and on the mend. :)

11 minutes ago, GeschWhat said:

I can't count how many times my daughter told me I was acting "inappropriate" when she was little. She is almost 30 now. We had a little scare yesterday, and she was in the hospital. So like any good mother, I carved the word "LUCK" into a coprolite, tied a sparkly blue ribbon around it and brought it to the hospital. Makes sense, right? Can you believe she wouldn't let me leave it at her bedside or put it under her pillow? It was banished to her purse. Sheeeesh...kids now days aren't any fun! It did work its magic though. Thankfully, she is home and on the mend. :)

Yeah, my daughter doesn't take cr*p off anyone either. 

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

1 hour ago, Monica said:

She says she wants to teach science, but I don't know - her reading and writing abilities are pretty awesome, and she has a fantastic imagination ...

Oooh. A science writer!

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

2 hours ago, Monica said:

She used to say she wanted to be a mommy when she grew up, but we pointed out that she can be a mommy AND something else, too.  Now she says she wants to be a mommy AND a big-kid-teacher - not surprising, given what me and my husband do for a living. :P  She says she wants to teach science, but I don't know - her reading and writing abilities are pretty awesome, and she has a fantastic imagination (she and her brother are always playing with their toys - yesterday I overhead them playing with their Shopkins - apparently there was a party that was happening but not every Shopkin wanted to attend - drama!), so I predict she'll go the Arts route like her dad. :)

Pretty sure I was still eating play-doh at her age...

• I found this Informative 1

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

What happened to the results?

Who won this thing and what does the artwork look like?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

44 minutes ago, caldigger said:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

What happened to the results?

Who won this thing and what does the artwork look like?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Doren please relax Mrs Rico will do the marking today or tomorrow. It won’t be long promise.  :D

8 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Doren please relax Mrs Rico will do the marking today or tomorrow. It won’t be long promise.  :D

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::)

5 minutes ago, Peat Burns said:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::)

Ha Ha that made me laugh  :D

9 hours ago, GeschWhat said:

YOU are the best mom EVER!!! :dinothumb:

• I found this Informative 2

9 hours ago, Pagurus said:

Oooh. A science writer!

You never know! :)

By the way - for school this past year, Viola had to write and illustrate her own "book" - it's AMAZING!!!  I'm going to take pictures of the pages and show you when I get my act together...

1 minute ago, GeschWhat said:

We're not suppose to eat play-doh??? :headscratch:

We couldn't afford "real" Play-Doh when I was a kid so my mother made up batches out of flour and salt. So I guess that would have been more edible, even though I can't recall ever eating it.

• I found this Informative 5

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Congrats to everyone who played the quiz it was really enjoyable to do.

I've posted up the prize winners, Monica @Monica was way ahead in first place proving her a very worthy winner.:yay-smiley-1:

Adam @Tidgy's Dad came in second, good show old chap.

And we have awarded Lori @GeschWhat a prize for best caption.

The prizes will be with you at somepoint over the next month or so as they are still being made and we are awiaiting some art supplies to finish.

PM me your addresses.