Sara: The World Traveling Ceratopsian

caldigger

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Did you know Sara has visit 30 members  since leaving  Bakersfield. 

registered on the waiting list. 

If she hasn't come yet to Japan, I will be able to welcome and show her cool stuff here too before I move back to Europe( in 2025).

• Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

49 minutes ago, David in Japan said:

registered on the waiting list. 

If she hasn't come yet to Japan, I will be able to welcome and show her cool stuff here too before I move back to Europe( in 2025).

That’s brilliant mate I did put my name on the list again because I am planning something special( I may not even need Sara but was just edging my bets). So you will skip in front of me. She been to Asia but not Japan. Nice to see you around TFF I was thinking about you today. Cheers Bobby 

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • I Agree 1

On 4/30/2023 at 10:11 AM, Bobby Rico said:

Hi I was wondering did this jaw get fished?

It got fished out of the Bridger Fm in southwestern Wyoming,  : ) but I assume you mean finished.  That answer is not yet... I got sidetracked last fall with other projects and have not gotten back to it ... yet.  

• I Agree 1

14 hours ago, jpc said:

but I assume you mean finished. 

Sorry mate glad you know me and my dyslexia . I do find it frustrating, I have been going through this threads lately and I thought your museum look really interesting. 

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • Enjoyed 1

Did you Know Sara has been to 11 museums ( one was closed because of Covid) and 3 castles. If  you like to take our little friend to your local museum, please put your name down on the list. Cheers Bobby 

• Enjoyed 2

Where in the world is Sara?

If anybody interested in this little game I will do some more over time. Sorry I didn’t ask for permission to use their photos but I chose someone who is really kind and I thought they be happy with this idea,  If they not I can delete it . Cheers Bobby 

cheers Bobby 

44F36E8E-940B-47A1-827A-5FC90BD88F0C.jpeg

• Enjoyed 1

18 minutes ago, jpc said:

my guess is.... Europe!

Yes it is Europe but I was hoping for a country .thank you 

Edited by Bobby Rico

I would love to host Sara for a second time.:)

• I Agree 2

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

12 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

I would love to host Sara for a second time.:)

Nothing says it ever has to end. I can't think of a better thing then for her to continue to visit and revisit new and old friends in remembrance of caldigger 

• I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Randyw said:

Nothing says it ever has to end. I can't think of a better thing then for her to continue to visit and revisit new and old friends in remembrance of caldigger 

Well I talked about the ending of Sara World travels because the list is almost at it’s natural end. Also I don’t know if TFF wanted to risk Sara going missing in the post for a second visit . I think It would be lovely to get this thread some more interest, activity  and momentum. So maybe this is the answer. 

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • I Agree 1

This thread is very well documented with dates and most places, This leads me to think about an idea I am going to try to make it work. Sara the world traveler could I get her. Doren and TFF in the Guineas book of records. For the most traveled toy dinosaur?  

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 3

Ooohhh I like that Bobby!:thumbsu:

• I Agree 2

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

8 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Ooohhh I like that Bobby!:thumbsu:

Yes me too . I think it is easier said then done. Some of her travels are more simple to verify with museum visits and local landmarks all pictured with Sara . Others maybe more tricky, also I may have to wait until Sara stops travelling before it can be submitted. Maybe I could request from now on that a photo of Sara and landmark could be added to her travel blog? We have to wait and see the GBR rules are for something like this. Definitely Doren would have loved been in the record books as I would. 

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Yes me too . I think it is easier said then done. Some of her travels are more simple to verify with museum visits and local landmarks all pictured with Sara . Others maybe more tricky, also I may have to wait until Sara stops travelling before it can be submitted. Maybe I could request from now on that a photo of Sara and landmark could be added to her travel blog? We have to wait and see the GBR rules are for something like this. Definitely Doren would have loved been in the record books as I would. 

It would be amazing if you could get a record for "most travelled toy dinosaur" but I am unsure if that is too niche for a world record. I found there is currently a record for "most travelled toy mascot" here but its record is 395,605 miles. According to some quick calculations Sara, has only gone about 99,000 miles, which is 25%. So it would be great if Guinness would accept a new record category, but if not its not impossible, as long as Sara continues her journey, she's only been to 3 recipients in the last 365 days, compared to 14 in her first year.

Here's a map of her travels in case anyone is interested.

image.thumb.png.f389ae249d1b6f47030961e4dbb7a233.png

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 4
  • Thank You 3

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

@Top Trilowould you work with me no this project. I think it is possible and could really boost this thread. You added a target so if TFF was up fo this we smash it. Cheers Bobby 

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

@Top Trilowould you work with me no this project. I think it is possible and could really boost this thread. You added a target so if TFF was up fo this we mash it. Cheers Bobby 

I would love to help. :)

And yes, as you said, this thread deserves a boost

• Thank You 2
  • I Agree 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

2 hours ago, Top Trilo said:

I would love to help. :)

And yes, as you said, this thread deserves a boost

That is really great I hope we can get TFF on board. You really made my day. Nice map to. Cheers Bobby 

• I Agree 1

What a great map.  Thanks for making the effort. 

We may need to officially designate Sara as a TFF mascot to compete for that record.  They have all sorts of weird records, but I do wonder if 'toy dinosaur' is too close to 'toy mascot'.  It would be worth getting in touch with Guinness.  This would be a cool target/goal for this group.  

• I Agree 2

13 hours ago, Top Trilo said:

ere's a map of her travels in case anyone is interested.

Love the map; bringing her journey into focus. It would be great, if possible, to make it interactive with "click-on" for place, forum member and order in travel! Also, there is still a lot of world for her to see. A while back I posted a brief essay on Sara; hoping to stimulate more participation. Perhaps someone can suggest a more productive stimulus. I enjoy reading the posts and seeing the images of her travel. It would be nice to see it continue.

• I Agree 2

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

10 hours ago, snolly50 said:

Perhaps someone can suggest a more productive stimulus.

I thought getting Sara, Doren and In fact  us all into the GBOR could really do this. I personally think it be really fun to try. This is Doren last active thread so keeping it going to me is important but I don’t want force that, if it’s heading to an natural end then so be it.  By just trying to get Sara and Doren into the record books would be a fitting tribute to Doren’s memory. Doren was really very kind to me and also MrsR. His friendship and kindness helped me out when I was ill and quite down. This is why I am really vocal on this thread . Also been apart of a record attempt  would give purpose to me to host Sara again and maybe other would agree and offer here room and board . The more  ACTIVITY  and JOY on this thread would encourage members who have not had Sara before , to welcome her.

I love seeing the world though Sara’s eyes, seeing the homes of the members, the museums she visits and the life she experiences at her temporary accommodation  .   If others have a better idea so this happens more frequently then I am in. 

cheers Bobby 

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • I Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...

Any travel news from Sara ? SHE IS MISSED AROUND HERE. 

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • I Agree 2

On 5/6/2023 at 1:08 AM, Bobby Rico said:

@Top Trilowould you work with me no this project. I think it is possible and could really boost this thread. You added a target so if TFF was up fo this we smash it. Cheers Bobby 

How do I put my name on the list? A trip down to New Zealand will add a few Km. What a fun project 

• Thank You 2

15 minutes ago, Doctor Mud said:

How do I put my name on the list? A trip down to New Zealand will add a few Km. What a fun project 

Fantastic thank you . Don’t think she been there. :dinothumb:

https://flask.io/Vo8Y4p1Bspho

@Doctor Mud I hope this works. Cheers Bobby 

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • I found this Informative 1