Sara: The World Traveling Ceratopsian

caldigger

I have been trying very hard to not get upset about this, but I would really like to know what is going on. I do realize that sometimes life gets in the way.

• I Agree 2

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I believe I am next on the list, but I've not been contacted about welcoming Sara to my home. Unfortunate, as I just returned from wonderful visits to the Gray Fossil Site in eastern Tennessee and a visit with its director, a Missouri Fossil Hunters picnic and social and a visit to my alma mater's fossil collection. I will soon be going to the Saltville Fossil Site in southwestern Virginia....

• Enjoyed 2

From my understanding, Coco is rather busy but has stated she will be sending Sara on her way at the earliest opportunity. Let's keep this light and fun, as Doren would have wanted. :) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

9 minutes ago, Kane said:

From my understanding, Coco is rather busy but has stated she will be sending Sara on her way at the earliest opportunity. Let's keep this light and fun, as Doren would have wanted. :) 

Most of these fossils have waited hundreds of millions of years to be shared. What's one more in the scheme of things? :dinosmile:

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

I subscribed a second time, thank you @Coco

Great idea for booking.com this thread @Bobby Morgenfeld, alias Bob.

Edited by fifbrindacier

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

14 minutes ago, Kane said:

I think that I can safely say Doren would be rather annoyed. 

He'd probably make a joke or two, but he would not be happy. 

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

6 minutes ago, Scylla said:

Most of these fossils have waited hundreds of millions of years to be shared. What's one more in the scheme of things? :dinosmile:

Some of us won't last another million years, perhaps not one. 

The thread won't if nothing happens for a year. 

It's the spirit of the thing. 

• I Agree 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

4 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I think that I can safely say Doren would be rather annoyed. 

He'd probably make a joke or two, but he would not be happy. 

Fair point. 

I am just hopeful (wearing my blue helmet, lol) that everything will work out. I am confident that Coco will do the right thing soon, and Sara will be enjoying new vistas and experiences. :) 

• I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Kane said:

Fair point. 

I am just hopeful (wearing my blue helmet, lol) that everything will work out. I am confident that Coco will do the right thing soon, and Sara will be enjoying new vistas and experiences. :) 

Absolutely agree, and the blue helmets are necessary and welcome at times. 

But there comes a day, after patience, persitence and negotiation, that someome must take off the blue helmet and don a green one.  

• Enjoyed 2
  • I Agree 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

I think some communication would go a long way to ease people's minds.

• I Agree 3

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I find this all this really heartbreaking. This thread should only be about fun between friends. It has been 154 days since Sara landed in France. I can’t understand why she hasn’t moved on for such a long time. This is Doren’s last active thread and it potentially could be ending on a bitter and very very sad note. This I feel, is a stark comparison to Doren’s intention  when he started it. He meant for it to be a sharing experience that any forum member could take part in. He wanted it to bring people together so they could enjoy the gift exchange, as we know Doren love a fossil swap.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Coco is rather busy

Yes but this is part of the responsibility for hosting Sara. Is to get her to the next member to enjoy. 

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • I Agree 1

Fair points made by all, but maintaining polite diplomacy would be appreciated.  Polite private messages can go a long way. 

(Red shirt request.)

• I Agree 3

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Quite right. 

I am absolutely positive that Coco, who is a wonderful lady, and I very much hope is still my good friend, will sort this out soon. 

Sorry, emotions running high, but Coco really is a nice person and I'm sure that there are good reasons for the delay and Sara will be moving on very soon. 

John is, as usual, correct.

Everyone gently PM her. 

• I found this Informative 2
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

2 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Yes but this is part of the responsibility for hosting Sara. Is to get her to the next member to enjoy. 

I don't suspect this is intentional. Let's give Coco the benefit of the doubt. We all get very busy. I'm sure Sara will be on her way to the next adventure shortly.;)

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Kane said:

Let's give Coco the benefit of the doubt.

I go along with this . I apologies if it seams like I am been unfair. I just want to see Sara welcome by everyone on the list as was Doren’s wish for this thread.  

I also apologise to all for my sour tone here. 

• I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I go along with this . I apologies if it seams like I am been unfair. I just want to see Sara welcome by everyone on the list as was Doren’s wish for this thread.  

I also apologise to all for my sour tone here. 

You haven't been unreasonable, my friend, But I know that you and I can be patient for a bit longer. 

@Cocowon't let us all down. 

Edited by Tidgy's Dad
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

28 minutes ago, Doctor Mud said:

Thanks Bobby,

That worked, I’m on the list 

Great, I am looking to seeing Sara in NZ 

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • I Agree 1

If Sara goes to each member on the list in order, she will have accumulated an additional 40,000 miles when she reaches New Zealand, which is about 10,000 miles less than the last three years!

• Enjoyed 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Hi,

I’m sorry to read so much noise.

I had warned that I was very busy at the moment and that I would send Sara away in june. I have a big deadline this weekend, and I’ll be fine after.

Sara is not lost, she is snooping in my drawers while I am away. But she will be back on the road soon.

I would have preferred you to trust me and understand my explanations, instead of exacerbating tension as you do :(

Coco

Edited by Coco
  • Thank You 3

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

31 minutes ago, Coco said:

Hi,

I’m sorry to read so much noise.

I had warned that I was very busy at the moment and that I would send Sara away in june. I have a big deadline this weekend, and I’ll be fine after.

Sara is not lost, she is snooping in my drawers while I am away. But she will be back on the road soon.

I would have preferred you to trust me and understand my explanations, instead of exacerbating tension as you do :(

Coco

Thanks for the update Coco,

Im late to this thread but enjoyed seeing your collection of modern molluscs. 
I take it you also collect fossil ones? 

Good luck with the deadline.

• Enjoyed 2

@Coco You warned us you would be busy. We trust you. It's all good. Sara got to truly enjoy France. :D Thanks for being such a lovely host for Sara, and sharing your part of the world with the rest of us. :) Now I need to visit, although my trip in the last two weeks saw me speak in Quebecois every day. :D 

• Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 2

On 5/4/2023 at 9:43 PM, Bobby Rico said:

This thread is very well documented with dates and most places, This leads me to think about an idea I am going to try to make it work. Sara the world traveler could I get her. Doren and TFF in the Guineas book of records. For the most traveled toy dinosaur?  

I would really love that.

• I Agree 1

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg