Ptychodus04’s Fossil Fish Prepapalooza

Ptychodus04

9 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

your specter has swapped genders. It used to be a female spirit

I'm not sure. It's hard to pin these crafty spooks down to obtain any reliable info. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

28 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

They must play the sax.

Well, they are incredibly talented and good lookin,' both well known characteristics of saxophonists! 

• Enjoyed 1

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

8 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

So, you're an anomaly?

Kris, I surprised with your poor eyesight and bad judgement that you are so successful at prepping. Good lookin,' Ha! Why back in the day I was a front row man in the band, a natural magnet for those partying co-eds!

• Enjoyed 2

11 hours ago, snolly50 said:

Kris, I surprised with your poor eyesight and bad judgement that you are so successful at prepping. Good lookin,' Ha! Why back in the day I was a front row man in the band, a natural magnet for those partying co-eds!

:default_rofl: 

• Enjoyed 1

16 hours ago, snolly50 said:

Would that be the same co-eds that would have conversations with a wall after partying.. and sometimes while partying? :Smiling:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

34 minutes ago, daves64 said:

conversations with a wall

Decorum prevents elaboration, but I will report that years ago on the "fraternity circuit" there was often significant imbibing of spiritus fermenti among revelers. 

• Enjoyed 1

1 hour ago, daves64 said:

Would that be the same co-eds that would have conversations with a wall after partying.. and sometimes while partying? :Smiling:

Don’t sell John ( @snolly50 ) short. He wouldn’t hang with those types. He’s a far more interesting conversationalist than a wall, more like a rock.

Here’s the start of my next fish prep. This one’s going to be amazing. So far, the preservation is excellent. I should have prepped this one before the paddlefish. Kissing Mio’s would have been great for Valentine’s Day.

66B3680A-D6AB-4D20-8109-FF317D2F2F1B.thumb.jpeg.3a57ad8546bd7dd3a94ecb990489d245.jpeg

839AF7C3-6339-4F8B-A660-BD8DFCEA8F6A.thumb.jpeg.11c32bd87517de76414d1afeada7b537.jpeg

• Enjoyed 7

That fish slab is very cool! I can not wait to see what it looks like after it is finished. :popcorn:

Edited by fossilhunter21

4 hours ago, fossilhunter21 said:

That fish slab is very cool! I can not wait to see what it looks like after it is finished. :popcorn:

:fingerscrossed: So far, these two are looking good. We will see what they look like when I get to the fins.

Looks like it's gonna be good! Are they both articulated?

:trex::brokebone: Enthusiastic Fossil Hunter bone_brokerev.pngtrexrev.png

Nice paddlefish - I can't imagine the time (and patience) it must have taken to complete it. Looking forward to seeing the end result of this new plate! :popcorn:

The more I learn, the more I find that I know nothing. 

Regards, 

Asher 

59 minutes ago, Nanotyrannus35 said:

Looks like it's gonna be good! Are they both articulated?

They look to be so far.

20 minutes ago, Mainefossils said:

Nice paddlefish - I can't imagine the time (and patience) it must have taken to complete it. Looking forward to seeing the end result of this new plate! :popcorn:

Thanks. It was a mere 83 hours of intense concentration. :P

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1

The baby Dolphin looking fish is beautiful. Exceptional work mate.  :drool:

@snolly50 any pictures of you as a heartbreaker muso. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

The baby Dolphin looking fish is beautiful. Exceptional work mate.  :drool:

@snolly50 any pictures of you as a heartbreaker muso. 

Thanks buddy. There are no pictures of a young, attractive John. He's still waiting for them to come back from the forger. :P

• I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

no pictures of a young, attractive John

Hah! Forgers indeed! Young and attractive....well....I found this one from when I was very, very young and obviously from a long, long time ago. That's me, 3rd from the right. THOSE PANTS! Madras, and all different; I remember mine were red and blue. It was a treat to dig that out. All the miscreants pictured are miraculously still on this Earth, with the very sad exception of one. @Bobby Rico Heartbreaker? Perhaps, but there is on my part a bitter-sweet nostalgia for times and adventures long past. Fortunately, the World is so intriguing there is little time for maudlin sentimentality. However, I have found with a little age comes a pause for reflection on the past.

Conhornglass.thumb.jpg.296e38ff1d4ba559e9086b228b4be6a5.jpg

• Enjoyed 4

27 minutes ago, snolly50 said:

bitter-sweet nostalgia

I hope I did not bring to much of a mauling feelings to you, it was not my intention, sorry . I do like your photo by the way, great haircut on show. Cheers Bobby 

Edited by Bobby Rico

@Bobby Rico Oh, not a problem, I enjoyed seeing the long ago faces of those folks. I wish it was a color photo so you could see those pants in all their glory.

• I Agree 1

14 hours ago, snolly50 said:

@Bobby Rico Oh, not a problem, I enjoyed seeing the long ago faces of those folks. I wish it was a color photo so you could see those pants in all their glory.

I stand corrected! You were a slick dude! :P

• I Agree 1