2020 Secret Santa Extravaganza.

Tidgy's Dad

8 minutes ago, Welsh Wizard said:

Ha

Im saving mine until Christmas Day. Oh the pressure!!! Will I last?

Nick

I'm trying to wait until Christmas, too!

• I found this Informative 2

5 hours ago, Welsh Wizard said:

Ha

Nick

I here you brother I am holding out to Christmas but I am  finding it more difficult this year. Cheers Bobby 

59 minutes ago, Welsh Wizard said:

Ha

Nick

50 minutes ago, Monica said:

I'm trying to wait until Christmas, too!

4 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I here you brother I am hold out to Christmas but I am  finding it more difficult this year. Cheers Bobby 

Oh,  come on, all you goodie two shoes, go ahead and open them up!:ighappy: I opened mine the day I got it. I was going to pretend to be good, and act like I didn't, but that is dishonest. We have all been through a very tough year, and I think there is no shame too be felt! I will post pics of my wonderful gifts later tonight. That will keep our game of guessing Secret Santas going!:)

• I found this Informative 4

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Here are the wonderful gifts that I received from my Secret Santa. Thank-you very much Santa! I think I have figured out your identity, but let's see if the others can. 

I did a bit of Detective work that was made easier because of Adam. Adam, posted a photo of all of the players of Secret Santa, earlier in this thread. When I recieved my package I saw which state it came from along with my Santa's real name,( not forum name). So first I crossed off all members, not in the US. Then i crossed off all members who i knew their real name. Then i looked up which members lived in this state, on their profile. But not everyone lists where they live. So I could be wrong but I am very confident I got it right. Anyways............. I recieved some nice fossils from a few different locations: Morocco, Washington, and Texas.

20201123_205802.jpg

• I found this Informative 9

This Brittle Star from Morocco is one of my favorites. 

20201123_210004.jpg

• I found this Informative 8

A couple echinoids and gastropods from Texas. I like the small echinoid best as it is preserved well and actually was crushed on one side during the fossilization process but is completely whole. It gives it some character.:)

20201123_205929.jpg

• I found this Informative 8

Next up is a ghost shrimp concretion and some other concretions which have some crystals in the middle pretty cool!

20201123_205902.jpg

Last but not least, some nice fossilized leaves. Thanks again Santa! I appreciate your kindness.:)

Anyone think they know who it is?:zzzzscratchchin:

20201123_205821.jpg

11 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Anyone think they know who it is?:zzzzscratchchin:

Someone else with not the best hand writing :zzzzscratchchin:

although the f is really good :dinothumb:

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

And can’t spell Ordovician in English :P

• I found this Informative 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

But I will add they sent some really cool fossils

I received my Secret Santa, exciting! Very generous with material I didn't have, mostly from France. The highlight was a gorgeous amphibian footprint, my first footprint. There was an adorable ammonite plushie too! Thank you :D

thumbnail_20201127_215816.jpg

thumbnail_20201127_220527.jpg

thumbnail_20201127_220521.jpg

• I found this Informative 10

12 minutes ago, BellamyBlake said:

I received my Secret Santa, exciting!

Ooh I know I know, @fifbrindacier

3 minutes ago, Top Trilo said:

Ooh I know I know, @fifbrindacier

Me ? Are you sure ?

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

2 hours ago, Welsh Wizard said:

Ha

Nick

I wonder !:zzzzscratchchin:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

In memory of Doren

2 minutes ago, fifbrindacier said:

Me ? Are you sure ?

Who else can crochet a beautiful ammonite

18 hours ago, snolly50 said:

Naughty vs Nice!?!?! Yet another false dichotomy exposed! The old Christmas saw - "naughty" folks get nothing while the "nice" are rewarded with largess. Balderdash! The undisputable empirical evidence, you ask? Ha! This very day snolly, yes that snolly, received a heavy package delivered by a cheerful postal gnome. Inside? Wonders! See! Anyone, no matter their less than unblemished soul, can receive the bounty bestowed by the spirit of Christmas. Indeed, if snolly were not so avaricious; he might one day grasp the truth - the joy of giving a gift is the greatest gift one may receive. 

So today, snolly received a bounty. Some may judge undeserved, but there lies the Magic. It is not the worthiness of the recipient, but the Grace bestowed by the giver that is the Heart of Christmas.

A Merry Christmas, to us all.

Merry Christmas to you too.

In memory of Doren

18 hours ago, snolly50 said:

Naughty vs Nice!?!?! Yet another false dichotomy exposed! The old Christmas saw - "naughty" folks get nothing while the "nice" are rewarded with largess. Balderdash! The undisputable empirical evidence, you ask? Ha! This very day snolly, yes that snolly, received a heavy package delivered by a cheerful postal gnome. Inside? Wonders! See! Anyone, no matter their less than unblemished soul, can receive the bounty bestowed by the spirit of Christmas. Indeed, if snolly were not so avaricious; he might one day grasp the truth - the joy of giving a gift is the greatest gift one may receive. 

So today, snolly received a bounty. Some may judge undeserved, but there lies the Magic. It is not the worthiness of the recipient, but the Grace bestowed by the giver that is the Heart of Christmas.

A Merry Christmas, to us all.

And to our non-Christian members, happy holidays! Everyone deserves time away from the toils of work and in being with friends and family. :) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

13 minutes ago, Top Trilo said:

Who else can crochet a beautiful ammonite

Afficher l’image source

In memory of Doren

6 hours ago, TOM BUCKLEY said:

Adam,

How many points do I get for being the first correct guess? Huh? I wanna know. Pretty please? Make it lots. I deserve it. Just ask anyone......I'm a really nice guy. Honestly, I don't want much. A few hundred will do nicely. Besides, I am adorable. :Jumping:

Tom

Indeed you are.

Three points for a quick, correct first guess.:SlapHands:

And minus one for asking questions.Darth.gif.2664700730e1f44ae15cd7bb33d93a58.gif

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

13 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Indeed you are.

Three points for a quick, correct first guess.:SlapHands:

And minus one for asking questions.Darth.gif.2664700730e1f44ae15cd7bb33d93a58.gif

:s_confused::headscratch::shakehead::default_faint:

Will I never learn?

AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGIST

STROKE SURVIVOR

CANCER SURVIVOR

CURMUDGEON

"THERE IS A VERY FINE LINE BETWEEN AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGY AND MENTAL ILLNESS"

22 hours ago, Dimitris said:

I was not a good boy this year, yet Santa spoiled me way too much!

I received the parcel this Thursday and I managed to keep my hands off it until today.

128082234_10224041772889492_966640212628808121_n.thumb.jpg.5a4a0c2ac3d0671ac9e62cb5dde6e596.jpg

Here I may also tell wrong identification.

127817389_10224041774009520_1243786243794968541_n.jpg.ffe8d72442aa4f10c943fe72e57e676c.jpg

Again not sure about the ID of this.

128044785_10224041777449606_2567567934775010658_n.thumb.jpg.8a760cbac42a39fcbaeee8720ee61181.jpg

What a fantastic package! :yay-smiley-1:

You must have been very good this year. 

Thank you very much @Malcolmt

Another Good Santa! 

Though one of those Ordovician corals looks much like a Devonian Microcyclus button coral to me, and some of the others look more Devonian, Hungry Hollow, Arkona, as well.

The next photo shows some ramose tabulate corals (the ones with apertures in the sides) and some lovely little Bactrites arkonensis naulitoids, I think.

Next, I reckon this is a positively excellent specimen of the gastropod Spiniplatyceras arkonense.

Nice. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png